All reviews yogurt microwave and fridge few blocks clean rooms fisherman's wharf coffee maker easy access soma tv trader noise city ucsf uber toiletries
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

As we all know SF is a very expensive city. We booked, and cancelled various places after Reading reviews that made me second guess the hotels. San Francisco Inn sounded like it would work best for me, my husband, and 9 year old son. We reserved a king size bed for the three of us (two night stay). When we arrived to check in, we were greeted by Amy. Very friendly young lady! She had a lot of knowledge of the ins and outs of the city! Location was good, I wished we were closer to fisherman's wharf but too expensive for not so nice hotels...We were only about a mile, or just a little under a mile away from fisherman's wharf, three blocks away from the crookedest street! It was a great location for us! We are "walkers" so had no problem walking back late at night.
Now to the rooms: if you're only their for a couple of days, and basically gone all day, this is the perfect place! Rooms, linen, towels, restroom, are all nice and clean. Rooms are a bit small, but it suited our needs. The only down side was that as soon as I walked in it smelled a little like cigarettes. Not too strong, but strong enough for me to ask for another room (my husband has asthma, and I'm sensitive to the smell of cigarettes). Unfortunately they were completely booked for the night, but Amy was nice enough to offer us another room for the next night. Our original room was on the 3rd floor, and our second room on the 2nd floor. Honestly, I would have just stayed in our original room! Less noise from the streets, and most importantly, no stomping coming from the floor above us! Unfortunately my husband suffers from Insomnia, and wakes up very easily! He wished we would have stayed on the 3rd floor!
Bottom line, if you plan on staying here: 1. Ask for a room on the 3rd floor 2. Not ideal for more than three nights 3. Make sure the room doesn't smell like cigarettes (it's a non smoking hotel but people are sneaky and smoke either way!) 4. Hopefully Amy is there to help you out! We arrived around 5:30pm.
All in all, I would definitely stay here again as a weekend trip! Rooms look outdated, but I didn't care; as long as it's clean, it does the job!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Erica R
Reviewed 26 May 2016

The inn is an average motel that's typical in the US. The San Francisco Inn is one of the few places in the city that is very reasonably priced in an expensive city. The main attractions like the Wharf (overated), the Piers and the Golden Gate Bridge are all a short drive away, and what's more, within walking distance of the fit. The inn is well staffed by friendly people and well stocked with brochures and maps for the tourist. Our rental car trunk was faulty and kept popping up and the staff were kind enough to close it up time and again. For that and others we are grateful. That said, there isn't really enough parking for all the rooms and late comers have to be prepared to park on the street The room was well equipped with a microwave and fridge and that was sufficient for us the make simple meals. A very well stocked Trader Joe's is a few minutes-walk away for daily groceries.A simple breakfast was included in our stay, so it was fine. The only recommendation we have for the management is to change the TV units in the rooms as the tube TVs are really old. New flat panels don't cost all that much nowadays and they save space as they can be hung on the walls. All in all, pleasant stay for the price.

Room tip: If you drive, arrive earlier as parking is limited
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

It was just as advertised. Beds were comfortable. Free parking (first come, first serve) and free breakfast. Our own bathroom/shower and huge tub. Really enjoyed our stay. Walked to the Giants game from hotel. Room was clean and tub was perfect.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

My mate and I were in SF for him to attend a workshop in SOMA. We were there for a week and were happy with the stay overall. The motel was just a couple of blocks from the workshop and a few blocks from a Trader Joe's that made having food in our room easy with the microwave and fridge in room. The only two things I would have changed was the cleaning product used in the rooms had a strong, sterile floral scent that could have potentially been an issue for my allergies and we were in one of the rooms to the back that was under another room and we could hear those people's footsteps in the middle of the night. Other than these two things, we had a great stay and would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016

This is a standard motel. The people are very kind and helpful. The location is good if you're interested in the restaurants and bars in SoMa. For the price, I am not sure you can find anything better.

Date of stay: April 2016