All reviews yogurt microwave and fridge few blocks clean rooms fisherman's wharf coffee maker easy access soma tv trader noise city ucsf uber toiletries
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Clean room, soft beds, walking distance from Slim's. Shower, toilet and sink worked great. My experience was great for a Wednesday night. There is some construction going on behind the hotel, but I imagine that is only on weekday mornings. Didn't bother me personally, but light sleepers may wanna request a room towards the front of the hotel if that is an issue.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

I had 3 nights in this inn and everything was fine !!!! They have free parking , small one first come first serve type but it's ok !!! Nice bathroom, pretty clean but the floor need an upgrade!!! Staff are friendly and helpful but house keeping are not so good !!!! We left the inn at 10 AM and come back at almost 1 pm our room still not cleaned yet , no complaints but it's come to this, after a long flight or a long day to experience San Francisco sometime you can't get out of bed , you want to stay a little more on your bed but the noises from traffic and construction nearby, and then House keeping they are working and Chatting out loud right in front of my room !!!! So we decided to get up and go out with a bad mood !!!!
But overall this is a nice hotel to stay , good location , well maintained , clean !!! I'll think about coming back here next time in SF

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank NaniDiep
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I stayed here Nov 4 - Nov 8 2015 with 2 friends and for the price and location it was everything we needed. We spent most of the day out, but at night we slept well and our car was secure in the parking lot downstairs. By around 10 pm the lot gets full. There are about 10 spots I believe. The location was close to interesting parts/bars/restaurants that are walking distance but the public transportation was very useful to get to further places (until 12am because it stops running around that time). The staff was very helpful and the breakfast items were great morning snacks (mini-cereals, juice, milk, coffee, granola bars).

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We stayed one night for an event in the city. We had a terrific room, top floor corner facing the street. The room didn't share walls with any other room so there was no neighbor noise whatsoever. The room was just great. It had two big beds and everything else you'd need. Clean, roomy and the coffee machine was terrific with Wolfgang Puck coffee and it made really good coffee. We slept just fine. I liked the free parking, which is a big plus for San Francisco. There is a building under construction nearby so you get some noise early on. All in all we had a very nice stay here and I'd stay again.

Room tip: I always like a room on the top floor in motels like this so you don't hear people above you.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We chose this hotel purely for proximity to an event. Among it's strengths the room was clean, WiFi functioned well & included covered secure parking. The hotel staff were friendly & helpful. It used to be a Vagabond Inn. It is a small hotel desperately needing a remodeling. Our room had the strong odor of air freshener so strong that we had to air out the room. Later we understood why. It was because the air conditioner had a musty odor. (I will be following the incubation period for Legionnaire's disease, just in case.) The bed was comfortable though on the bouncy side. We did not use the TV, but noticed the set was cathode ray. Our room was small & expensive as is the rest of S.F., but I thought it was also expensive for the SOMA neighborhood which in the immediate area had some bars & furniture stores but a rather depressing appearance. The breakfast has no dining area to sit. It is necessary to bring trays of food back to the room to comfortably eat the mostly sugary offerings. No hot items other than beverages are available. Some other reviewer also commented on the presence of pigeons within the building since there is a central open roof. They were present for us too but the sound of the air conditioning fortunately drowned out whatever noise they produced.
Though this hotel served it's purpose for our brief stay, anyone seriously seeking a vacation should best skip the neighborhood & hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015