Galleria Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel des Arts(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 32One(San Francisco)
Hotel Triton(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Orchard Garden Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
SF Plaza Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
325 Sutter Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grant Plaza Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
2,377 results
All reviewsgreat locationunion squarewine hourthe financial districtcomplimentary wineboutique hotelthird floorwine receptionsutter streeteach eveningstreet noisefew blocksan older buildingrooms are smallfront desk staffbusiness tripbart station
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Free wine hour is brilliant. Lovely hotel in great Central location. Easy walk to Chinatown and union square. Rooms a bit small though. Comfy beds. Staff all more than helpful
Would definitely stay here again if back in San Francisco

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OG92
Suzie Y, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Hello there,

Happy New Year's! Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We take great pride in taking care of our guests so we appreciate your time in writing this review!

We look forward to seeing you back at the Galleria Park Hotel!

Reviewed 24 December 2015

I stay here for very work regularly and it's a great SF hotel. It's very nice for the price, but not too fancy. The staff are exceptional - friendly, helpful and always quick to accommodate any requests. The rooms are appointed well; some reviewers have mentioned that the rooms are on the small side but for the price in the city I don't miss a few extra square feet and doubt you would unless you're never leaving the room. It's a great location for work or fun.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
Jordan W, Guest Services Supervisor at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear Ttt709,

Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay at Galleria Park! We value our guest feedback as a gift.

We are truly greatful for the kind words regarding the team here at GPH. Everyone from housekeeping to the front desk takes any steps necessary to meet and exceed guest expectations. We're thrilled that the stay went well and you found our location to be well suited for both business and play.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to SF, you will consider another stay at Galleria Park Hotel.

Jordan Whitney

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Very small and COLD room. You can not change the temperature more than 74F!
We could not sleep all night. The AC is super noisy.
Do not get room 826 (or I assume all 226-326-426....) if they offer you, very weird small L-shape room and super small bath.
Overall, extremely disappointed.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank hajmir

Dear Hajmir,

I hope you are having a great start to the New Year. I wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback about our room size and our heating unit. I do realize we have many different room types, and there are one's that are smaller than others. In regards to our heating unit, we do set parameters on our heating settings, I do apologize that you were so cold in your room, we have been experiencing some very cold weather this winter.

I don't like to have any of our guests leaving with such disappointment, please contact me directly at syang@communehotels.com as I would like to offer you an upgrade on your next trip to SF.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

We spent 5 nights at the Galleria Park and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel, the rooms are small but very neat and pleasantly decorated. The staff were very helpful and polite always welcoming us back and getting us into a room as soon as possible after our log flight from Australia.

Even though the hotel doesn't serve breakfast there is a small cafe just next door which serves breakfast. The evening wine hour was a pleasant way to wind down in the evening and prepare for a dinner. Would recommend this hotel to anyone after good value hotel in central SF.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear HRupert,

Thank you very much for the lovely review after your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback.

We are ecstatic to hear that you were pleasantly surprised after your stay with us at GPH. Everyone at Galleria Park goes above and beyond to try and accommodate our guests and were so happy you enjoyed the service provided by us! The evening wine hour is definitely a "fan favorite" and we love to hear stories of guests interacting with one another and enjoying themselves - it makes the lobby feel more like a living room.

We appreciate the recommendation and truly hope to see you back in the future!

Best Wishes,
Jordan Whitney

Reviewed 23 December 2015

The hotel was in a great location, and I walked everywhere to shop, sightsee and have some delicious meals. My room faced an office building but was kind of in the corner – so although I was almost at the top floor of the hotel, I could still hear noises from the main street and the early-morning garbage collectors (per other reviewers), but hey, I’m in a big city! My queen room was clean, spacious, and had the coffee/fridge that I needed during my brief stay. The bathroom was stocked with the usual complimentary toiletries. The fitness room was clearly a converted hotel room, but it had the necessary equipment and provided towels and water (I went to a nearby gym to do my usual exercise routine). You can request a workout tote filled with equipment – in my case, it included a pair of light dumbbell weights, yoga mat, resistance bands, yoga block, etc. It was convenient to use in my room.

Several reasons kept me from giving this hotel five stars. First, the price point was not the best for what you got (compared to other properties in the same level and location). Also, the staff weren’t consistently helpful or courteous; sometimes they said hello, other times they’d look straight at you (with no one else in the lobby) and not say a word. Even when I checked in, the manager ignored me while he just stood behind the desk, glancing at me but not greeting me at all while I waited for almost 10 minutes to check in. There was an unorganized group checking in, so I understand having to wait, but no one said the usual, “Thanks for waiting, we’ll be right with you.” It wasn’t a big deal – just annoying and glaringly deficient since it’s the sort of basic thing you’d expect.

In addition, my request for the top floor, while noted and confirmed, was rejected because three wedding parties had arrived unexpectedly, and the hotel wanted to put them all on the same floor(s). I can see how a solo guest can be bumped, but following the fact that I was ignored for an extended period of time at the front desk just added to the annoyance. One of those wedding parties, I learned, was responsible for smoking, so the entire hotel was awakened around 1 or 2am to fire alarms and sirens. The alarms stopped after a while, but you could see the fire engines below, so bedraggled guests on my floor were confused – was it a false alarm, or do we proceed outside? No staff visited each floor to say all clear, no announcements…We eventually found out the true story about people trying to sneak a smoke.

While not the worst hotel experience, there were several factors during this brief stay that, taken together and compared with similar properties, just didn’t warrant anything above 3.5 or 4 stars. Lack of basic/consistent customer service, not the best value, inconsistent Wifi, etc. dropped points for me. I travel a lot and appreciate folks in the hospitality business, but I’ll check other options when I’m next in town.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank cosmotron

Dear Cosmotron,

I hope your New Year's is off to a great start! Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We take all of our guests feedback seriously so we appreciate your comments and will share them with our team members. I do apologize that we were not able to accommodate a higher floor for you. We do get large wedding groups so thank you for your understanding.

I would like to invite you back if travel brings you back to SF, please email me directly so you can experience a better stay with us. My email is syang@communehotels.com.