1,111 results
All reviewsdirty habithotel palomargreat locationmarket streetunion squaremoscone centerfifth flooraround the cornerfront desk staffspacious roomcentral locationthe hotel is cleanloved this hotelenjoyed my staycable carbart stationvalet parking
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Hotel Zelos does it right. Quiet bedrooms, comfortable beds, a spacious bathroom with quality amenities, a help desk that is indeed helpful, and good cocktails at their restaurant.
I was given a room based on my preferences, and local restaurant advice based on my interests. Individualized assistance isn't always available--it is here.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Liz G
HotelZelosGM, General Manager at Hotel Zelos San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear Liz G,

Great write up on your recent stay, thank you very much for awarding us 5 stars. We are glad you had a chance to enjoy our restaurant/lounge: Dirty Habit, and also recognized our service levels. Thank you for that, and we look forward seeing you soon again at Hotel Zelos.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I was allocated a wheelchair access room which was great as they are quite large.
The hotel is in a great spot, very comfortable and clean.
I thought the staff could have been a little friendlier however. Service was efficient without being overly friendly.
I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business

Dear Wilbur M,

Thank you for your feedback and the review, truly appreciate that. If your travels bring you back to our great city again, please do let us know, we would love to show you that we can deliver top service as well.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Stayed at the Zelos for a convention. While the hotel is very, very convenient for any events at the Moscone center, you will also be paying the "appropriate rates" for that sort of convenience.

What you will Also be paying, is a security deposit of one hundred dollars Per Night. You read that right, per night, so make sure you have more buffer on your credit card than we did.

This is a complete absurd practice, when most hotels won't charge you that even for the entirety of your stay. It will take a few days for them to release that money back to you as well, so I hope you don't plan on making any big purchases once you get back home.

For this money, you will not only get a minibar in your room, but an actual bar atmosphere right in there as well, since the hotel has their bar/restaurant right on the fifth floor, disrupting all the rooms there. Judging by the slim sound proofing, it can probably be enjoyed on the surrounding floors as well, perhaps even further.

Until 11pm, occupants of the hotel can enjoy both music as well as loud and drunk patrons. Thanks to the restrooms being situated down the hallway, occupants can also enjoy patrons wandering back and forth past their rooms all night long.

After 11pm, the chefs start having their evening meal, the waiters start arguing over tips, and the music stays on. So, you can reasonably expect to have some peace and quiet at around midnight...until breakfast time at around seven when the first loud patrons will wake you up again.

The cherry on the cake were the faded, ratty bathrobes that we found hanging in the room closet, which looked like they might have been bought used from a yard sale at the Playboy mansion sometime in the early 1970's.

Aside from those robes, the room was fairly clean though, as was the bathroom. The staff were perfectly nice, so no complaints there either. Also, while the bar is annoying, their playlist is actually pretty damn good. We probably won't be returning though, unless the bar/restaurant gets magically transported to the ground floor where it belongs, or the bizarre safety deposit practice is revoked.

Room Tip: As far from the fifth floor as you can manage.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank JD S

Dear JD S,

We really regret that you did not received what was expected during your stay with us, and we do apologize for that. The daily authorization on your debit card is a common practice amongst the city hotels, but we will continue our efforts to create more awareness amongst our guests during their check in. Our restaurant and lounge has adjusted closing hours so we try to avoid having any noise interruptions for our guests but do emphasize with your inconvenience if we were unable to do so during your stay. Our robes as well as our bath amenities (now Molton Brown) have been replaced this week, and we have thus far received excellent feedback form our guests. I would love the chance to accommodate you again and show you that we can do much better than what you experienced last week.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Spent two nights at Hotel Zelos on business so I can't really speak to the amenities (bar, restaurant) I might have used if there for pleasure.

Reservations: Booked through Hotels.com and got a very good price for the area. However, I needed to extend my stay a day and it became such a hassle with Zelo's reservation people (the wanted more for the third night than my entire stay thus far), I blew it off and moved to another hotel for my last night. So reservations were my low point.

Staff: Front desk people were just great. Friendly, attentive, energetic. The fit the vibe of the hotel nicely.

Room:
I followed the review advice out there and requested a quiet room as I had heard the bar can be heard in some rooms. I was put on the top floor and it was very quiet. The rooms are new, trendy and well appointed. Nice amenities in the bathroom. Didn't leave the room until late morning on a Sunday and room service never came through that day. Disappointing for the price they charge.

The location is hard to beat if you want to stroll Union Square. I would stay there again if I found a good package.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nancy C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you recognize some of the great features in our guest rooms, but do realize that we have room for improvement on some of the guest service elements. We do hope we get the chance to host you again at Hotel Zelos, as we do have great packages available on our website on a consistent basis. We look forward having you with us again.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

This hotel is located close to Powell Street Station and Union Square so it is very convenient to come from/go to SanFrancicso Int'l Airport and shopping.
The room was clean but doesn't have sunshine much, I smelled musty a bit.
As all the SF hotels are too pricy, I don't know if it is worth the room rate but if you plan to go out all day and get back to the room for sleep, this is a good hotel.
As my room was not located the street side, it was quiet.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
HotelZelosGM, General Manager at Hotel Zelos San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Piccola G,

thank you for your review and the time you took to write about your experience. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, but do strive for 5 star guest experiences. If there is a chance to host you in the future, we hope that you keep us in mind, so we can attempt to get that last star to make your stay perfect.