US$279
Westin.com
  • Room Service
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$259
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
US$325
US$269
US$242
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$242
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$335
US$249
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$284/night.

The Kensington Park Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$270
US$249
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$199
Agoda.com
US$354
US$330
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshaight ashburyposter roomclose to golden gate parkunique decorstreet noiseneighborhoodsf
Reviewed 31 July 2016

My son and I had a great 4 day stay at the Red Vic. It is definitely not a conventional hotel or even a conventional hostel. It is a bit more like being invited to join a cool burning man theme camp where you don't know anybody (yet).

Our first night we grabbed some takeout planning to eat in the enormous first floor living room only to find it packed with people. The author of a book I literally just finished reading was speaking and I was able to listen and enjoy my dinner. Other evening events included fancy cocktail making, hair dying, and joining in for a fab salmon and caprese dinner.

We stayed in the Peacock room (two bunks beds) and there were other people in the room and adjacent rooms like a hostel. The beds were super comfy and it was easy to sleep late. But if you snore (as I found out I do), you may wish for a private room.

At the end of our stay it was more saying goodbye to new friends than checking out and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

I am not generally the biggest fan of travelling to San Francisco. When I went from 6/30-7/4 I had a marvelous time and in part it was due to the Red Victorian. It was a very comfortable place to stay. The bed was soft with clean sheets and a good comforter, and a nice pillow. They also provided towels and wash cloths. The staff was friendly, and while I did not see them much (other than to check in and checkout) they were friendly and welcoming.
Really for the price you cannot have a better place (or location!) to stay in San Francisco, me and my two friends will definitely be returning for future trips!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2015

I stayed in a hostel and private room. This place is amazing. If you are looking for a traditional hotel, look elsewhere, but if you read up on who they are via their website redvic.com, and know that you are coming into someone's home, you will be thrilled.

The rooms are clean with the most comfortable beds ever. It is like sleeping on a cloud. The Haight-Ashbury neighborhood is lively but really fun. Tons of great boutiques and cute restaurants. Almost NO CHAIN STORES anywhere and the Red Victorian is such a great part of that vibe.

You have to do your own dishes, but there is always great conversation in the kitchen so it is a pleasure. You may not know what event is happening during you stay but that's the best part of any adventure. You get to stay in a home but have your sheets changed every day!

Come here alone and make friends, it is like airbnb meets the world's most friendly hostel but even better.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter as is Earth Charter.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2015

The Red Victorian describes itself as a collaborative living space, requesting you to fill out a form about yourself before they will accept you as a guest. They will then confirm your reservation, take your money and cancel your reservation the day before you are due to arrive, with no explanation, no telephone number to contact anyone. Just an email. For a community purporting to be supportive, interactive and collaborative, this is the total opposite - nobody living within a community would treat a fellow with such disrespect and outward disdain - our experience was nothing short of appalling. As we had to find alternative accommodation at less than 24 hours notice, I can't comment on the style and amenities as we didn't get to step inside and the rating is 1 as you have to give it something....

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
18  Thank Sophie J
Reviewed 19 October 2015

The Red Victorian room (Flower Child) was a standard room and was very clean. The area (Haight Street) was not the best at night and limited what we did after dark since we did not feel comfortable walking outside to get to anywhere local or to the bus stop.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie L
Brittany F, Manager at Red Victorian LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2016

Hi Katie,
Thanks for this feedback! I can definitely understand how someone who isn't used to a city with a transient/homeless population could think that Haight St might be unsafe at night, but actually this is completely untrue. Our neighborhood is vibrant, with lots of music and gatherings, and friendly people from all over the world and all walks of life. It's one of the last truly 'San Francisco' neighborhoods because of this, and that's something we value having around. Also, with many bus lines within two blocks of our building, getting anywhere in the city is especially easy and safe. We really appreciate this insight, and in response are adding some useful information about the surrounding area in our FAQ.