“Good for drinks and nosh”
Review of Salt House

Salt House
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #535 of 5,962 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd
Transit: Montgomery Station for both Muni and Bart riders.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The decor and layout are very nice, staff and drinks are great! Bar is a bit small, but there are window rail seats that are nearly always open. Great place for a drink overall.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Last restaurant before heading back to Europe, I’ve eaten in 5 states and numerous cities this trip, and this was the best! I’ve read some reviews here and my head hurts. People know very little about goo food. Our server Dill knew very well what he was offering and how to match everything. Management came bye to check in, which is always appreciated (timing is everything). Prices are very fair considering the combinations of flavors on a single plate. Americans are too accustomed to crazy big plates that they don’t even finish (For disclosure, I’m born and raised in Chicago), then they complain when it’s “too small” even though they actually go home not feeling bloated from over-eating. This place deserved a visit from Michelin. Thank you to everyone at this amazing place for your hard work and talent. These people love what they do. Very grateful. Until next time (hopefully not very long!).

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Well this was an interesting one...we stopped by after a business meeting for a quick bite and a review of the meeting. There was only a limited menu as they were getting ready for a 'busy night' we were told...we were also told that they needed the table at 6pm so we only had about two hours, this was more than enough time for us....I couldn't understand why they were so hurried that day, more on that later.

The waiter was great, the app menu was also very good as we had a little of everything and then we had burgers that were also good. My associate had a few beers and I my diet soft drinks and everything was very good.

At around 5:45 or so as we were getting ready to leave, I asked the hostess who was helping us get our stuff together so they could get the table ready, "Is it always this busy on a Wednesday night"? She took a tiny step back and looked up at me with a puzzled expression on her face to reply, "Sir I don't know where you are from but on Valentines Day in this city we are very busy for dinner", of course I thought it was the day of the massacre in Chicago and or the Saint who married people when he was not allowed to way back in the day....

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Restaurant came highly recommended. Loved the vibe and decor and was looking forward to a good meal. Limited but high quality beer list. I got the beef short ribs and I have never had them so dried out they were almost inedible. Portion size was also really small for the price. Another person at my table had the same experience. Several other diners at my table had the $70 dry aged ribeye and they all said it was not worth it. Great potential but failed to follow through.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I got the carrot salad and the ribeye. What great choices. The Salad was amazing but the ribeye was even more amazing. Service was also excellent.