“Wonderful, freshly prepared meal”
Review of Osakaya Restaurant

Osakaya Restaurant
Ranked #2,099 of 6,030 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed 28 May 2016

While visiting Japantown, in the West Mall, we decided to have some lunch. We had a wonderful meal at Osakaya Restaurant, including a delicious udon noodle bowl, California roll, and a crispy rainbow roll. All was cooked/made fresh to order, and contained wonderful seafood and fresh vegetables. The udon noodles were tasty and cooked to perfection. The staff was attentive and friendly. I would definitely go back next time I'm in San Francisco.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

We decided on dinner at Osakaya in Japantown, after looking at a number of the other indoor Japanese restaurants. There was the usual fake food displayed out front, with a well-priced $13.95 bento box special, and the place looked pleasant inside. We shared a sushi platter for appetizers. For entrees, we had 2 bento boxes and 1 combination plate. Everything was fine and filling, but not really exceptional. Service was good and polite, with our tea cups filled promptly.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Worst customer service ever!! The cashier yelled at us to stop eating the bento box that we bought from their restaurant too while we're waiting for the food we ordered because we were so hungry. She said it's the regulation; but they should have put some notice on the the to go bento box to go area!! My husband decided to make the foods we ordered to make it a to go and we ate it outside their restaurant. The rude cashier asked us like in a harassing way if there's any problem and my hubby said "it's because you're so rude!!!" "there's a better way of saying it!" It's like a nightmare!! Don't be fooled by their facebook site!

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Osakaya Restaurant is located on the West side mall of Japan center. It's small inside. I ate there one weeknight during my visit in SF. The restaurant was busy when I was there. Most people had sushi but I had the Maguro Salad, which I highly recommend. It was delicious. The service was slow. One good thing is that unlike many restaurants I encountered China Town that only accept cash, this restaurant accepts credit card.
The public restroom is conveniently located outside, right across from this restaurant.

After dinner here, I had some delicious desert at another shop (Belly Good Cafe & Crepes) within the mall, which I will have a separate review.

Bottom line: decent Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Of all the restaurants we've tried in Japan Town, this is our favorite. Food is tasty, and even novices to Japanese food will find something they like. We've had the tempura, sushi, yakitori -- all well-prepared and -served. Miso soup is particularly good. Nice selection of Japanese beers.