“Bento Box Lunch”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

A rainy day adventure in SF's Japantown looking for a quaint place for lunch! Seriously recommend the Bento box selection where you can add two (2) entrees!!! $10.95 for lunch. A superb deal! Service was great!!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

After waiting for over 2.5 hours to have a few documents submitted for certification at the Chinese Consulate, a much needed break was in place.

The God of Food & Fortune smiled upon me, as I was near the San Francisco Japantown Mall which was across the street from the Consulate. So I went over there for a much needed energy bolstering. Its a time for a break!

After reviewing several restaurant and bakeries, I settled on Kushi Tsuru Restaurant. Its been a while since I came here. Usually it was for dinner. However, this time it was for lunch.

Though it was lunch time, I was promptly directed to my table. The place sits about 40 people and it is cozy, friendly place. The server gave me the lunch menu and tea.
I checked the Bento (box lunch) . It has seaweed soup, salad, two California rolls, rice, and two other items of choice. I picked shrimp tempura (fried) and sashimi (raw fish). For appetizer while I waited, I picked grilled tofu (four pieces).

Service was slow but expected during this lunch hour. My grilled or fried tofu came and quickly worked on these four pieces. They were hot! Temperature hot! So be careful if one eat too quickly in one's mouth!

The Bento box ($10.95) and it was a delight to the hungry eyes! All the above food items I mentioned were very good. Also, I was in Sacramento eating at another Japanese restaurant and compared the soft sticky rice here at Kush Tsuru and that at Sushi Café in Sacramento. The medium soft sticky rice is better. Apparently, Sushi Café used a small grain rice for its sushi, which was a little hard and not stickly.

Later, I found out the server is an identical twin and has a sister working there during lunch too! The bill came and it was reasonable.

If one is ever visiting San Francisco Japan Town Shopping Mall, go by and try out Kushi Tsuru Restaurant inside the mall. Cant go wrong!

1  Thank Quasarsoujourner01
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Nice little restaurant inside the mall in Japantown. Not a lot of seating, but the food was very good. The service was a little slow, but not a deal breaker.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Great, great and great, talking about surrounding (Japanese Center), food taste and service. Recommend the bowls which feed an entire family or a starving tourist after several hours of San Francisco exploration.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

The food was very tasty and the prices were very reasonable. The service was very good and the waitress was very friendly.