“Scoma's S.F., after being one of my best reviews ever, today was very disappointing!”
Review of Scoma's Restaurant

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a commercial licensed Fish Receiving Station. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 55 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer. For updated operation information, please visit: https://scomas.com/operations/
Reviewed 13 September 2021

We went to Scoma's in S.F. for my Son's birthday. We drove from Monterey to San Francisco Scomas because over the last 40 years, this place has always been a special place for my Family to celebrate Family celebrations. Today was no different, it was my Son's birthday. First of all, the service was absolutely outstanding. Our server recommended the Halibut as fresh. I ordered the Halibut and my Son ordered the "Whole" crab. The Halibut that I received was overcooked and dry. My Son's crab was served as overcooked crab parts, not a whole crab (I think it may have been equivalent to whole crab). His crab was so overcooked that the shell was super soft and none of the crab once taken from the shell maintained its form. It simply fell apart. He ate about 2/3's of the crab and left the rest.

My "Fresh" Halibut was overcooked and dry. When I reported this to our server, he asked me if I like my fish "Well done"? What is well-done fish? It's called overcooked. So I sent it back to be replaced. The replacement was just ok.
Note: In over 35 years I have never returned one item at Scoma's. Hence the title, "disappointed!" Scoma's has always had a history of not good food, but Great food. Not on this day.

On the bright side, my other Son had Waygu American style 8 oz, steak which was good!

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6,081)

Reviewed 2 September 2021

Covid has wiped out many of the classic restaurants on Fisherman's Wharf, yet Scoma's has kept the spirit and quality alive, and they have been doing so for decades. Take some time to view the photos of celebrities, etc along the walls--this was the place to get seafood in the City and it still is.
Many of the servers have worked here for decades, their knowledge of the menu and preparations are amazing. Our server was Sal--friendly, happy, helpful and knowledgeable. Ask for his section when you make the necessary reservations.
The food is prepared and presented superbly. The servers are attentive, yet respect your space and pace...always monitoring, not interrupting. This is a great place for a high end romantic seafood dinner in the City. You cannot leave this place still hungry--very generous portions of all dishes.

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Located right on the waterfront with nice views. They even have their own fish receiving station to prepare fresh catch for the restaurant. Food was excellent and decent portions. Staff was seasoned and highly attentive. Prices are high.

Reviewed 28 August 2021

Probably my all time favorite for their variety of local caught fresh fish. Scona’s has their own fishing boats snd staff that go out daily for fresh catch. Whenever I want to enjoy fresh seafood, I head to Scona’s

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 25 August 2021

We lived in the Bay Area in the 60s and 70s. Moved to the East Coast (big mistake) but returned every so often to visit friends. First visit since the pandemic and we were absolutely thrilled to realize that Scomas is still the best around. Very disappointed to see that many of the best known wharf restaurants are gone. Also, new to us that Scomas was accepting reservations. Since we were just visiting it made our scheduling easier. A must visit if you are looking for the best dining experience in the area.

1  Thank Daniel K