“Meh”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a commercial licensed Fish Receiving Station. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 55 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer. For updated operation information, please visit: https://scomas.com/operations/
Reviewed 19 August 2021

I wanted to love this place. It offers classic seafood dishes. The atmosphere on water is comfortable and casually classy. There are lots of seemingly seasoned staff. It just seemed like things were a bit tired? Our main server was friendly but not attentive, we continually needed to remind him for water, bread, remove dirty plates and glasses, etc. Easy stuff. I would expect a little more effort. The place wasn’t crazy busy. I ordered a signature market grilled seafood platter that looked like it sat under the warming lights too long and then had fresh greens put on top to cover up the fact. The accompanying sauce had developed a “skin” from sitting out too long. I was with a couple of lady friends we were well dressed and well mannered and celebrating a special event. When you dine out you want to feel treated a little bit special and it just didn’t feel that way. And yes, I do understand that we are in a time of stress in the world and I am grateful I can dine out but can we all agree to make just a bit of effort?

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6,084)

Reviewed 16 August 2021

The food here was really tasty, albeit the prices were a bit steep. The only real issue was how hard the bread was, I was definitely hoping for a nice soft loaf of bread but it was probably the hardest-crusted bread I've ever encountered. We got a lot of appetizers and an entrée and none of the food was disappointing. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly, and they topped off our water every chance they could get.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

We had high hopes for this restaurant based on prior reviews. However, it was just ok. I would definitely not call this place a hidden gem nor must visit while in San Francisco. For reference, we love seafood and have traveled quite a bit to compare. The service was really good, cocktails delicious, crab cakes were tasty. But that's about it. We ordered seafood pasta, shrimp and scallop entrée, and halibut entrée. The dishes were mediocre and subpar. Fish was dry and overcooked, pasta was drowning in oil with very little seafood, and shrimp were also overcooked. The best dish was from the kids menu. There are much better places in the area to enjoy good seafood.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

It’s okay for lunch. They have fresh fish and will tell you what is fresh that day. Nothing really that special about this place. Would say average at best. Salvatore should wear his mask, and also the girl at the hostess desk. It’s great that you might be vaccinated, but not everyone is. It’s very disrespectful.

2  Thank RenatodiCaprio
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

This place came recommended and it didn’t disappoint. My family wasn’t sure but they love it. I had the cuippino…. Amazing! Spicy chicken sandwich and double cheeseburger for the kids were great!

Date of visit: July 2021