“Surprising find, and THE best seafood”
Review of Scoma's

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Scoma Restaurant is without a doubt one of the most wonderful dining experiences we have had in many years. The seafood is impeccable and its preparation respectful; a true culinary delight. I have severe food allergies and had resigned myself to a side salad and baked potato. The waiter (Tim) went to great lengths to explain they could safely prepare the calamari I wanted but had been unable to eat for years.
Calamari you might say....so, what's the big deal. I've never, ever had calamari like this.
It was so delicious, that I had it as the main course! The wait staff, chef....everyone in the restaurant was professional, kind and knowledgeable. This restaurant will be my "go to" whenever I'm in San Francisco. Well done...and thank you!

Date of visit: January 2019
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Scoma's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

That is very kind of you to say, Sopranonsc. Thank you. We're happy to know we were able to work around your food allergies to prepare a meal you loved so much. We look forward to be your "go to" spot!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,654)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a fantastic experience here. Scoma's is tucked away on the pier of Fishermans Warf. I walked straight in without a reservation and was given a lovely seat by the fire.

My waiter was fantastic, so friendly and funny - his service was relaxed and very helpful. Loved him! I ordered the Laxy Man's Cioppino which was to die for. Tonnes of seafood (although not all of it de-shelled as the name suggests!) in a tomato broth, with two big slices of garlic bread. AMAZING.

Also had a nice glass of rouge with it.

10/10

Date of visit: January 2019

That's very kind of of you to say, Jessica. Thank you! We're happy you were able to walk right in and grab a cozy seat by the fire at which to enjoy a cioppino and a glass of wine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely amazing menu options. Everything we have ever had there is so over-the-top delicious.
Our kids are fourth generation Patrons here as my Grandparents would bring my Mom here when she was young.
We never come to San Francisco with out eating here at least once.
We highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: January 2019

Wow! Fourth-generation patrons!! We love hearing that Benjamin and greatly appreciate your family continuing a dining tradition at Scoma's. Thanks to you, your mom and you're grandparents!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hands down this restaurant had the best Dungeness crab and the best crab salad that I have ever had! I couldn't wait to get bact to the Bay Area to have another serving of the buttery, lemony, succelent dish!

Date of visit: January 2019

That's very kind of you to say, Mariam. Thank you! Hopefully you get back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went there through a friend’s recomendation. It was wonderful. Very friendly with a very good food. Quality and quantity were correct (we were hungry because we just arrived from Alcatraz visit and it was a little bit late in the afternoon). We recomend the cioppino soup and the calamari. The service was perfect amb very kind. Next time in S. Francisco we will repeat, sure!

Date of visit: December 2018

We appreciate your visit and kind review, Ramon. Thank you. We're very pleased to know you enjoyed your cioppino and calamari...and we look forward to serving you again next time you visit San Francisco!