“Great place for Japanese food”
Review of Takara Restaurant

Takara Restaurant
Ranked #1,085 of 6,298 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I visited Japantown with my family for the first time, and we decided on Takara restaurant. There are so many restaurants in the area that it could be hard to choose, but we were looking for someplace not too expensive, and the prices for lunch were reasonable. Unfortunately, they were out of the Bento box lunches (we were there around 1:30, so on the later side). I ordered the salmon teriyaki plate, which was really good and included miso soup, salad, and a generous rice portion for around $12. My daughter and husband both had the tempura lunch, and my son ordered the miso ramen bowl. We all enjoyed our food. The atmosphere is authentic, and our server was efficient. All in all, a very good experience and it's right in a Japanese mall too, which is nice if you want to check out some shops!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Ate dinner here with my spouse, son and cousin. The food is delicious!
We will definitely return the next time we visit Japantown.
The deep fried oyster dinner meal was so yummy!
Try the egg custard on rice. It tastes fabulous. Both my spouse and I really enjoyed it.
Sushi, tempura, and salmon don - all delicious meals. Everyone really enjoyed their food.
Choice of green tea or vanilla ice cream with certain meals.
They will validate your parking if you parked in the parkade.
Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in Japanese ownership and it has received excellent reviews in media. And no wonder: they never fail. Food is delicious, authentic Japanese fish, meat, vegeterian & rice dishes. Service is warm & caring in a Japanese way.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

After driving from Seattle over about a week, my husband and I were in San Francisco overnight, with really just enough time to get settled and fly out the next morning. We were staying in Japantown, and we really wanted to sample some Japanese food in the area, but I found myself exhausted and unable to gather up the energy to go out. So, we found that we could order take-out from Takara - and we are really glad that they offer that service (when many others do not seem to!). We were both so happy with our meals - my husband had a sampling of different sushi and he enjoyed it all, and I had shrimp tempura - the shrimp was honestly the freshest that I might have ever had. (I wanted to order a vegetarian option, but there wasn't one that I could find, and so I went with shrimp and vegetable, and I was very glad that I did). It was delicious meal, with incredibly fresh ingredients and lovely presentation.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Truly authentic Japanese food from this restaurant that is situated in the San Francisco Japan Center. Even though it is surrounded by other Japanese restaurants (or perhaps because it is) it manages to excel. They intentionally avoid American-style Japanese offerings and prepare genuine, delicious food that you would be pleased to receive even in Tokyo.

2  Thank Shaltanac