“What Dim Sum is supposed to taste like”

Yank Sing - Stevenson St.
Ranked #163 of 5,961 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had lunch here on Monday and I was immediately reminded of what dim sum is supposed to be. Clearly this is the best I have had. The service was just right. The prices were fair for what was received. I had no complaints of anything of the myriad choices we picked. The dumplings of all types were the best. Of course I ate too much, but this wasn’t my first rodeo. I believe this is the best dim sum available in the US. It gets my absolute highest recommendation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very good dim sum establishment. Tried the broccoli stems, pork steamed dumplings, barbecue pork dumplings, shrimp dumplings, and sesame balls. All were very good. The service was perfunctory and rushed as it was near closing time and they were running out of items. Overall, a good experience with quality food.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I went to Yank Sing because I love Chinese chicken feet and this is one of the few places one can get this delicacy. I know many find the thought of feetless chickens repulsive;however, have you ever imagined what goes into hot dogs? In any case, this spotless restaurant has a plethora of dishes for the discriminating Chinese food palate. Servers bring a never ending supply of dishes to your table and you choose what you want. The Peking duck with plum sauce could not have been more flavorful or tender. The shrimp balls had a lovely fresh taste. Pork buns melted in your mouth. The scallop and mushroom dumplings had a delightful texture and an even better flavor. Lettuce chicken wraps could be a satisfying meal in themselves. The Chinese usual dishes like pot stickers did not disappoint either. This is a place to explore and try new dishes. Now, it is a bit pricey, but worth it. Staff and waiters make sure your every want is satisfied. I salute the chicken feet and look forward to more when I visit again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Melt in your mouth egg tart, fully loaded sticky rice. Shanghai bao specialty leads restaurant guests to a very pleasant dim sum experience.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Let me warn you the servers move by your table every few minutes with the freshest offerings direct from the kitchen. Yes you can order from the menu but we had 5 dishes in less than 5 minutes and added 4 more tastings over the next half an hour. Wow! Be careful how quickly you can stuff yourself with such tempting concoctions that roll by your table every few minutes.
All so very fresh and classic flavor and texture. The tea serving is plentiful and quite attractive. The glasses of wine are very generous servings.
Glad we made reservations because it was busy even at 1:30pm. Note hey have inside and outside seating.