“Great pizza topping choices”
Review of Pauline's Pizza

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We come from New Haven, Ct area where one can find several of the best pizza places in the world. Pauline’s Pizza is so good that we can add this restaurant in that group. The special salad was very fresh with young leaves of beets, arugula, miners lettuce, and other lettuces. The dressing was light and not salty. The family serving size was huge. We ordered three pizzas and all were incredible. The first was artichoke, roasted onions, roasted peppers and goat cheese. The second was their pesto special with pine nuts. The third was a standard 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 mushroom. All were incredible and the crust is light and crisp and bubbly on the edges. Also the service was perfect. Ricardo was so accommodating, friendly and professional. Save room for desert. We had the butterscotch pudding and the chocolate mousse. OMG so good. We took some pizza and salad home that we did not finish and both were excellent the next day

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

So glad to support such a great restaurant. Ingredients grown in their own garden are marked on the menu, great selection of wine and we had a delicious vegetarian pizza.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We have been coming here for years and always enjoy the daily special salads and pizza choices. It used to be a lot harder to get in but the neighborhood has gentrified and there are many more restaurants close buy. However, Pauline's is a gem if you are after a pizza.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

In a discussion of pizza the other day, I was raving about Frank Pepe's pies in New Haven, Ct. My California hosts admitted that there are starting to be new fire cooked pizzas in San Francisco, but that until I'd tried a few California Pizzas, I should reserve judgement. A trip to Pauline's was put on the agenda.

Pauline's has been open since 1985 according to their menu, and they maintain their own farm-ranch-vineyard somewhere out of the Bay Area, where they grow much of what they can for the restaurant.

We started with a shared Chef's Special Salad, tonight a mix of greens, apples and a hard-to-describe dressing very lightly applied. TIP: Pay the $1 extra for a 2nd breadstick if you are sharing the salad; they are GOOD. Salad was very good, with the flavors of the mixed greens showing through nicely.

We ordered three pizzas. (OK, I took one for the team here, folks; I'm stuffed, but how to best judge a place except on multiple dishes?)

The first pie we chose was the PESTO Pizza. Exactly as described in the name, good thin crust, good pesto and a sprinkle of pine nuts as topping. VERY GOOD!

The second pie was the Italian Combo, a mix of cheese and meats and again Very Good.

Our third pie (we ordered all at once, all three came at once; we did not finish any one pie, but the left-overs will be delicious for breakfast!) was a total special, Trinidad Perfume Chillies with Anchovies. My friend and I both like anchovies and the peppers just sounded too good to not try. IT WAS DELICIOUS! The peppers had a very distinctive flavor without the heat we both were expecting.

The first two pies were large, the Trinidad - Anchovie was a small. We could have done with three smalls and still had left overs but not as much.

The hose read tonight was a good Malbec, my friend also had a glass of a red Zinfandel which was even better I thought.

Service was friendly and prompt.

SO, California Pizza; What is it? Thin crust, a much wider and varied selection of toping and that is it. Oh, it is Very Good too.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We went to a pre-nuptial dinner here, so we didn't order off the menu, our food was pre-ordered. We had salads and pizza, the pizza especially was delicious, unusual and fresh ingredients. My favorite was the basil pizza.