2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
CourtyardUS$156
Expedia.comUS$156
Hotels.comUS$156
PricelineUS$156
TravelocityUS$156
FindHotelUS$156
All reviews standard courtyard window seat walk in shower front desk staff comfortable bed minute walk homeless people great hotel closet gym lobby city elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2021

Overall our experience at CM on Van Ness was very good.
I am reviewing to help others with the parking situation.
I called hotel prior to booking to confirm on-site parking (yes) and in-and-out privileges (yes).
Please be aware that the parking is on two levels. If you are assigned to the lower lot, you will need to go up a short but steep set of stairs to reach upper lot, and then enter the hotel. If you have mobility issues, you should request upper level or have your traveling partner enter upper lot to drop you off first.
Also, when you check out, you can no longer access elevator (because no key card) to return to parking lot. So again, if mobility issues, have someone else check you out or request staff to call elevator for you.
As much of SF is on hills, this hotel is no exception. Our room had a definite slant. Not enough to bother, but if you have equilibrium issues, you will notice.
Only other issue, the staff insisted that our room had the king bed we requested, but it was smaller. It may be listed as king, but it was smaller than the king in San Jose the next night, and smaller than our king at home.
I would stay here again now that I know how it is set up.

Date of stay: April 2021
Rosie Fonua, Other at Courtyard By Marriott San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Dear gypsyOny,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave..

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We also recognize these are unusual times and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

My view was a wall of another hotel room. I asked for a good room, and the front desk person was actually really nice. However the room had a terrible view and it was so small, even though I paid for the "bigger" King Bed Room. Other than that, nothing spectacular about it, just a normal run of the mill hotel.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank m3ktrey
Rosie Fonua, Other at Courtyard By Marriott San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Dear m3ktrey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay here with. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Unfortunately, during your stay we did not have a better view room available. Please reach out to us for your next stay so we can make sure we block a room with a view.

Looking forward for your next stay here with us.

Reviewed 28 July 2020

We were sound asleep at 4am and someone opened the door and entered the room. I believe it was a housekeeper but am not positive. I called the front desk and they said they had been notified and were sorry.
At checkout the next day I had mentioned it and they said they would get back to me. They never did...
I sent an email and they sent me an automated response and offered 2,000 bonus points. That is a laughable number of points for being disturbed at 4am when you have work the next day. I did not feel safe in that room at all and they did not rectify the situation. I am still very disappointed. I expected more from Marriott.

Date of stay: July 2020
3  Thank hunterrheaume
Reviewed 6 June 2020

I traveled with a family member so they could have a surgery at the Sutter hospital across the street from the hotel. The hotel staff were courteous and went the extra mile while I was waiting for my family member. Everyone was very nice and understanding that it was not a fun trip to be on. There were guidelines for staff and guests to stay safe, taking precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic, and I felt very well cared for. Some of the amenities were closed and the hotel was not busy, but the staff were well aware of guest's feelings and took extra care to make people feel welcome.

Date of stay: June 2020
5  Thank erinmX5839FP

Dear erinmX5839FP,

Reviewed 10 May 2020

Reggie at the front desk is my hero. He completely took a terrible situation and saved the day for my daughter who got stuck in San Fran. Not being in the city to make sure she was safe and taken care of, had left me very frazzled. He took care of all of her needs and made her feel safe. She FaceTimed her room and it is very nice and updated. She was very happy that the hotel parking felt very secure. Life platinum elite member who is over the moon about the service I received today. Big thanks!

Room tip: May want to call ahead of visit if you are driving. Simple instructions for parking will save some frustration.
Date of stay: May 2020
2  Thank kws702017
RosieF-CourtyardFOM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard By Marriott San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2020

Dear kws702017,

Please note your feedback has been shared with Reggie and the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave. and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to San Francisco.