“The San Francisco Treat”

Mersea Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 5,814 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Neighborhood: Treasure Island
Description: “Come for the view, Stay for the food”! Breath-taking, panoraic views of SanFrancisco, Golden-Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and Bay Bridge! Built out of shipping containers, providing “comfort-casual” food created by renown SF Executive chef Parke Ulrich (Waterbar and Epic Steak), who partnered with tech entrepreneur MeeSun Boice to build a “destination restaurant” that has its own putting green, bocce courts and corn-hole game. Upcycled and repurposed pallets for outside seating and herb garden, tables from old Treasure Island bowling alley lanes and doors from the military kitchen!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What an amazing experience! Between the Service, the Food, the Drinks and the View, It's hard to decide what I enjoyed most. An amazing experience not to be missed. Absolutely the best view in SF and of San Francisco. A must see, must eat, must drink. and after your meal, take a nice stroll along the water overlooking the golden gate bridge. My new favorite place to take friends visiting me in the city. Try the Clam Chowder, the Special is always amazing and the Bandero Margarita is the best I've ever had!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank tylertV1053FQ
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Gem!!! I had fish chowder and fish and chips. Excellent!! and creative. Very friendly staff and the view of SF is outstanding. You will certainly add this location to your rotation.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank davidaV8203PY
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were headed back to SF and decided to check out Treasure Island. Came upon Mersea, beautiful outdoor seating that we stopped in.

The service was superb, friendly & inviting. The customers were so happy to be there they were sharing stories with on another. Table next to us was a birthday celebration.

The food, the salad was fresh with a Cesar dressing light and creamy- so good. We had the beer batter fish and chips, best I ever had. You could taste the freshness and the batter was perfection.The homemade tarter sauce w a hint of curry was delicious.

We had tequila. The owner suggested the anejo and provided a taste , it was amazing.

Just fell in love with the ambiance and great food! Look forward to going again!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Ruth1104
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to say that I am SO HAPPY that I took my girlfriend here yesterday. We have not been out since the pandemic mess and I wanted to do something special for her so I took her to Mercea, it was the best decision ever. She was so happy with the food, service and especially the view. We were happy to help out the staff by cleaning up after ourselves and we didn't mind the selective menu. What we loved was supporting the owners of Mercea because I want that restaurant to thrive again. I feel bad for the employees who lost their job due to COVID so I will return to support them. I have to say that MeeSun, Vernon and the kitchen staff greeted us and all the customers with a smile and thanked us for supporting them. I have to say THANK YOU to all the staff for making yesterday very special for us.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank lv2report
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ate here for the first time and loved it. The staff was friendly and nice. It’s always good when the staff makes you feel at home. The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. I really liked the lay out of the place and the vibe the music gave it. I’ll definitely be coming back!

Date of visit: January 2021