“Visit bar harbor”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had the blue cheese hamburger and a cup of clam chowder. Both were excellent! The place and bathrooms for a very clean and the service was excellent. I would definitely come back here again.

Heather S, Owner at The Thirsty Whale Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Thank you Bob. Enjoy your time in Bar Harbor and maybe we will see you again!

Heather Sorokin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,690)

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

My first advice is: Skip the fries. They are just French fries and nothing unusual or spectacular. They look and taste like they came out of the freezer and fried.
I had the lobster roll with cole slaw. It was okay. My daughter also had the lobster roll and said it was good. My husband had the fish taco. He said it was okay. He also had the clam chowder. He said it was very good. Our son had the grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, and bacon sandwich. He said it was good but not extraordinary.
Service was average.
Summary: we do not have anything extraordinary or poor to report about this restaurant.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

What more can one ask for!? The staff was super accommodating for our large party...they even turned on the Pens game for us. The food was excellent. I risked having a burger in a seafood town and was rewarded handsomely. Great beer that is ice cold. Definitely a prize winning establishment!

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Unbelievably happy to find an open restaurant that served interesting dishes, halibut tacos and several fish chowder. Service was shared by all staff members which provided fast delivery. The atmosphere was loud and full of laughter. Prices fair when compared to quality.

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

This place never had an empty table on a Thursday night! We had awesome food, an awesome waitress and a reasonable check! Make sure to check out the specials too! No dessert offered.