“A first time experience, my first visit”
Review of Black Friar Pub

Black Friar Pub
Ranked #10 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Truely a differnt experience, excellent pub type dinning, great surroundings, plus a great hamburger, topped off the night.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Husband and I enjoyed a terrific meal here. Restaurant is small, candle lit tables and good for quiet conversation. Had haddock and Potato encrusted halibut and both were delicious. Chefs prepare food right around the corner and you can take a peak into the kitchen if interested. One gal manned the whole restaurant as bar tender and waitress but did a great job. Good place to stop away from hustle and bustle of other eateries in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Stayed here for three nights B%B recently, the location is a few minutes walk from the harbour and (I'm from the UK hence the spelling) with plenty of shops and restaurants to keep you amused on the walk into town. We ate here on two of the three nights and the chef certainly knows his stuff absolutely delicious so much that it was a difficult choice to eat elsewhere on the third night for a change.
Our room was comfortable and clean, the property is very old and has plenty of character (see photos) and the taller amongst you may have to watch you don't knock your head going up stairs. Although parking is available just outside this does get very busy although they do have an arrangement with the yellow and grey house opposite where you can park in the yard to the left of this building if needed.
On arrival don't be surprised if you have to make your own way to your room as the keys are often left out for new guests at the reception as we found on arrival there wasn't a soul in sight although the rooms are easy to find.
Overall nice stay, nice grub and nice location.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Dinner was delish! We would totally recommend! We had a little trouble finding it but once we did totally worth it!

Reviewed 8 October 2016

It took us forever to find this place! The waitress was a bit harried and forgot my husband's drink. The tea I requested came with lukewarm water and no sugar.
The burger my husband ordered was good. My onion soup was just OK. Probably wouldn't return, if it was up to me.