“Fun atmosphere, good food”
Review of Geddys

Geddys
Ranked #37 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: You haven’t been to Bar Harbor, until you’ve been to Geddy’s – a favorite local tradition for over 40 years. Geddy’s offers Contemporary American Classics, Traditional Comfort Food, and New England Seafood. “Fresh” daily-caught, Maine lobster, straight from the “live” lobster tank. Gluten-free and vegetarian options. Festive margaritas, artisan cocktails and local craft beers. Come enjoy this lively tradition and favorite Bar Harbor hangout amongst locals and visitors alike. Don’t forget to visit Geddy’s Down-Under too for unique local gifts and souvenirs. Geddy’s is located on Main Street in the heart of downtown Bar Harbor, across from Agamont Park and the town pier.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

In Bar Harbor last weekend with my three sons. Happy to find Geddy’s open, it wasn’t when we were there back in February. We love the fun atmosphere and our food was delicious! I had a haddock sandwich, my oldest son had fish & chips, my middle son had a cheese pizza and the baby loved their sweet potato fries. This was only our second time eating there, but we all hope to go back again soon!

geddys, Owner at Geddys, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Karlaew1 - Thanks so much for the wonderful review and for the Four-Stars! We're so glad that you and your three sons enjoyed Geddy's and look forward to seeing you all back again soon for your third visit!:) Much appreciated, Arthur (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I pulled into Bar Harbor this afternoon, and after walking around a bit during this beautiful off-season day, I came upon Geddy’s. I poked my head in and a really kind server let me know that they would indeed be open for dinner tonight. When I returned, that same server remembered me and immediately I felt welcome. Melissa and Kattie waited on me, and honestly, their good humor and straightfordness was infectious and I felt even more comfortable. I had the lobster bake. The chowder was perfect, the lobster fresh, and the pie simply incredible. I’m from Colorado, so these three items were bound to be above average to my palate - and I’m glad to say they didn’t disappoint. The main reason I will be back for another meal tomorrow is because M and K’s service is the best I’ve had in some time! Dan O.

geddys, Owner at Geddys, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hello Dan O - Wow. We appreciate both the thoughtful review and the Five-Stars! We're delighted that you enjoyed Geddy's and that Melissa and Kattie took such great care of you! We will be sure to share your lovely comments with them both.:) We look forward to seeing you back again soon! Next visit, dessert on us. Cheers, Arthur (Owner)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The service was amazing. My server was Melissa. She recommended a pizza and it was great. I always enjoy my meal at Geddy. I have been going there for years and they add new items and keep it fresh and exciting!

geddys, Owner at Geddys, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hello Laurie - We're delighted to hear it! Thank you ever so much for both the awesome review and the Five-Stars! We will be sure to let Melissa know of your nice comments and look forward to seeing you again soon! Next visit, dessert on us.:) Cheers, Arthur (Owner)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Geddys is a great restaurant. Even in the off season. So nice to see that some people still understand personalities matter. The bartender/host/manager/owner was great. Our second night we had Melissa as our waitress. What a great personality. So super nice and caring. She was great with the kids - they loved her. The lobster roll was excellent. Best bang for your buck on lobster. My son loved the clam chowder. The blueberry pie was excellent the first night. It was even better the second night!

geddys, Owner at Geddys, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi Randall - Thank you ever so much for your thoughtful review and for the Five-Stars! We're so glad that you enjoyed Geddy's and will be sure to share your lovely comments with Melissa too. We hope to see you back again soon at Geddy's for dessert on us, next visit. Cheers for now, Arthur (Owner)

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were recommended to eat here. Everything we had was very good but menu was limited in what was available good service and cold beer.

geddys, Owner at Geddys, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hi Mary Anne - Thanks for the nice review. We're so sorry that we were out of the mussels and clams the other day, when you were here. Please do accept our sincere apologies and, next visit, dessert on us.:) .Cheers from Geddy's, Arthur (Owner)