“Not A Vegetarian Friendly Menu, But Accommodating Staff”
Review of Everyday Joe's

Everyday Joe's
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Everyday Joe's is a casual restaurant offering breakfast, lunch & dinner prepared quickly by our friendly staff. Baked goods, breakfast items, soups and sandwiches all prepared fresh and with quality ingredients.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I stopped at Everyday Joe's to have lunch on a recent backpacking trip through Bar Harbor. I had read good reviews, but I neglected to actually read the menu online before I walked in. When I sat down with the menu, I realized that they had already stopped serving breakfast, and the lunch menu was nothing but meat items. The staff seemed friendly, so I asked them if they could do anything to modify one of their lunch menu items for a vegetarian. They told me they could remove the meat from any of them, and they had rice as a vegetarian option if needed. Thus, I ordered the chicken bomb sandwich with rice replacing the chicken. It turned out to be really good! What also impressed me was that the chef went out of his way to make sure my food didn't get cross-contaminated with the meat items he was cooking. I don't know if I would specifically recommend lunch here for vegetarians, but if you're in a bind it's good to know that the staff will help you out. I also liked the fact that the cafe had a little convenience store area in the back that I was able to use to refresh my hand sanitizer supply for backpacking. Overall, I am glad I stopped at Everyday Joe's!

2  Thank virginiagamer

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Maine's Best Jamaican Me Crazy coffee is sooooo yummy, this is only place on island to get it. Great store, great staff.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The oatmeal was really good and was a good portion. However, the order of home fries that we ordered on the side was kind of a joke. The portion that we got and what we paid for them was way off in our opinion. My husband had the breakfast bowl and said it was "okay". Overall, not the best breakfast we've had on our trip but maybe it was an off day for them.

EverydayJoes, Owner at Everyday Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you so much for coming in to Everyday Joe's. I apologize that your experience with us was not as good as it could have been. With the season coming to an end, I am in the process of training a new cook and was away from the store that day. I have addressed the concern with our new cook in regard to portion sizes and remedied the situation. Thank you again for stopping in and hopefully you will try us again if your get back to Bar Harbor.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We arrived in Bar Harbor and needed a quick place to eat before doing Park Loop Road. Our club sandwiches were perfect and hit the spot! Reasonably priced and good food. Don't need to know much more.

2  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick and wonderful.breskfast food was great staff friendly and helpful we will be back before the weekend is over!

2  Thank Bill L