Turtle Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
4,566 results
All reviewsnorth shorethe cottagessurfer barbeach cottagesegway tourforgetting sarah marshallpool barsurf schoolted's bakerythe main hotelhelicopter ridekula grillesurfing lessonsour honeymoonsunset beachshort drivepaddle boarding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Turtle Bay for Spring Break (March 2018). My husband and I and our 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter. We travel to Hawaii often however we typically visit Maui or Kauai. I am so glad we changed things up this trip! Turtle Bay really is the perfect spot. Very family friendly however it would be fabulous for those traveling without kids as well.

All of the rooms at the hotel offer ocean views. We stayed in the hotel (they also offer cottages and villas which were booked at the time). The room was lovely with a large balcony and a true ocean view. So nice to wake up to the sound of the waves crashing.

There are several beaches on the property within walking distance. The cove closest to the hotel is safe for kids and has great snorkeling. Your stay includes 2-hours if snorkel rental which is convenient. We ended up walking the trails to hidden beach which was lovely. We had the beach all to ourselves.

They have stables on the property. My daughter loves horses and we visited a couple times. We asked one of the restaurants for scraps to feed the horses and they were more than happy to put a huge box of carrots and kale together for us.

I could go on and on about Turtle Bay. The pool was great, awesome gym and fitness classes, golf courses, perfect service. This resort really is something special. We will be back!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Special place on Ohau’s North Shore. Amazing location, great snorkelling on the reef. The rooms are clean, large enough and have amazing views of the big pounding swells. It is in the pricey side to eat but Roy’s restaurant on the beach is delicious and worth the money. Take advantage of the free 2 hour a day snorkelling hire for free. The reef is home to lots of fish. Do the sea kayak tour with Shaka as well. Sea turtles await. The right hand point break offers some great waves as well. Go out when a lesson isn’t on as it can get crowded. Great family or couples location.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank leebbearbaker
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re a surfer with a family, it’s pretty tough to find places where everyone will be happy. Turtle Bay is one of those places. Yeah, it’s a little pricey (unless you book it through Costco travel like we did), but where else can you surf all day on a decent wave while your wife and kids are having fun in the pool, snorkeling in the lagoon, etc just a short walk away? My wife loved it. Food and drinks are expensive, but there’s a grocery store 10 minutes down the road and some amazing food trucks in the area.
Pro tips:
1. Buy some snacks and drinks at the Foodland down the road and stock up your fridge.
2. Check out the food trucks nearby for a variety of cheap and good eats.
3. Snorkel gear is free at the beach with your resort fee, but rent surfboards at North Shore Surf Shop.
4. If you want to use the beach or pool chairs and umbrellas, get up early and stake out your spot. They’re all spoken for by 8AM pretty much.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank orthobass
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spring break trip for our family of four. We were so excited and were looking to get away from the bustle of Waikiki.

Pros: The location is beautiful. I adored the north shore and loved being able to see turtles and even whales during our stay. The property is lovely and I appreciated the ability to go on the trails and visit relatively secluded beaches. Room view was nice.

Cons: The food is overpriced for the quality. You are kind of stuck if you don’t have a way off resort to get food. It was routinely $100 per meal for our family of four. Yes, Hawaii is expensive but this is ridiculous. Coming from Seattle, it’s not like we weren’t prepared for prices to be higher. They are taking advantage of the remote location. Drinks are not worth the prices charged.

Room: we had an ocean view two queen bed room. The view was great but that’s about it. The shutters were broken, and the sliding door had to be slammed in order to lock it. I bet that was fun for the other guests to hear. Pillows are a joke. They were horrible. The balcony was tiny. Two people at a time was the max. Shower was nice size but the shower head was a trickle.

Pool and beach: Why aren’t there more chairs? I don’t understand this. The two times we wanted to go to the pool, you can’t find a chair. We rented a cabana the first time we went to the beach because it’s a big secret that the other chairs are free? But you better get down to the beach first thing in the morning to claim one of the free chairs as it’s first come first serve and they don’t have enough. Very disappointing. Also why no food/drink service on the beach?

Trail ride: I’m not a professional rider but have been on trail rides on every vacation we’ve taken, from Colorado to Vermont. This was not enjoyable. The guides seemed on edge and the horses were super irritable. Twice I witnessed horses go after each other, once with a rider getting kicked badly enough that she was bleeding and needed medical attention. The only thing I can think is that these horses are overworked. I’ve never seen trail horses this ornery.

Overall: I’m glad we had a rental car. We spent most of our time off the resort which sort of defeats the purpose of staying at a resort. But between the food prices and the lack of amenities you are forced to pay for, it was the only way to salvage our vacation. You have a fantastic location. Seriously, it’s a stunning piece of property. But management needs to shore up their service, stop price gouging your guests and figure out what service means. It’s little things like proper pillows and working sliding doors. Really disappointed to spend the amount of money we did and feel like it just wasn’t worth it. I hate writing negative reviews. I want to be able to rave about the places I stay. But I would never stay here again. Value just isn’t there.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingirl17
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a nice place if you do not mind spending money, the rooms are very clean staff is very frendly, the food if you can afford it is very good ,the breakfast buffet is very expensive but good all in all plan on spending a lot of money and watchout for the suprising resort fees

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family