“Good communication, nice people”
Review of Surf N Sea

Surf N Sea
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s a destination designed to ensure that you experience the best of Hawaii’s ocean activities and shopping! Since it’s inception in 1965, we have been located in a rustic 2-story wooden building, built in 1921. We specialize in Surfing, Hawaii Scuba Diving, Bodyboarding & Snorkeling (tours, lessons, sales & rentals). We offer a wide variety of beachwear & accessories for all your needs whether in or out of the water. We are situated right on the beach in a protected, semi-private bay where the trade winds prevail! We are easy to find and offer ample free parking just steps from the store and the beach!
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We dove with Anna from Surf and Sea on a two-tank boat dive. She was nice, and the crew made it easy. The turtles were a delight. Jeff the dive coordinator called a few days before to talk about conditions and schedules and experience levels. I got confirmation emails, and communication is important to me. We later saw their shop on North Shore (we met at the boat for the dives) and they have a lot of gear for all the water recreation. Solid outfit, no complaints.

All reviews
"fun experience"
"marine life"
"these guys"

Reviewed 21 March 2018

From the very beginning everyone that I spoke to was super friendly and helpful. We had a large group some snorkelers, some certified divers and some not, we all wanted to be together & they made it happen! From arrival at the shop the day of our dive, to the road trip to Honolulu, to the dive & everything after everyone was amazing! I definitely recommend Surf N Sea to everyone! Your experience with them will be nothing but perfect (even shopping throughout their store is super fun)! Mahalo :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Great day of scuba diving with Charlie (Jaline). She was great, friendly and very professional. Equipment was in great condition. Overall a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I had an AMAZING time surfing with Karen! She is so rad and helped me catch a bunch of waves! She is so knowledgeable and patient with us learning. I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better time or instructor. Also Charlie is super rad as well. She does the scuba diving and is a hoot.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I did six dives with Surf N Sea's dive master Charlie in late February, 2018: four to complete my PADI open water certification, and two (including a wreck dive) for fun.

Because of the large swells on the north shore, we had to dive out of Honolulu. The drive from Haleiwa was about an hour, which was a good chance to ask questions and learn more about what we were going to see. It turns out Charlie is also an environmental scientist who speaks five languages -- she knows her stuff!

On the dives we saw a vast array of marine life including turtles, reef sharks, eels, octopuses and dozens of different species of fish. Charlie pointed out features I would have missed, such as conches and leaf fish.

I had a great experience during the three days I dove with Charlie. If I ever make it back to Oahu, I would definitely book with Surf N Sea again. Would love to g