“Great for a dive trip”
Review of Surf N Sea

Surf N Sea
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s a destination designed to ensure that you experience the best of Hawaii’s ocean activities and shopping! Since it’s inception in 1965, we have been located in a rustic 2-story wooden building, built in 1921. We specialize in Surfing, Hawaii Scuba Diving, Bodyboarding & Snorkeling (tours, lessons, sales & rentals). We offer a wide variety of beachwear & accessories for all your needs whether in or out of the water. We are situated right on the beach in a protected, semi-private bay where the trade winds prevail! We are easy to find and offer ample free parking just steps from the store and the beach!
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Good service, polite and knowledgeable instructor (Anna). Would book with them again without question.

All reviews
"fun experience"
"marine life"
"these guys"

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

My family took two surf lessons form Surf and Sea. The first one was with all of us - my husband, my two sons and myself. We were impressed by the patience of our instructor, her sense of humour and the fact that she wasn’t on a set schedule to finish the lesson. We felt that she had all of the time in the world for us. It was fantastic not to feel rushed. Her explanations were very helpful and we had fun! The second lesson was just my husband and older son who wanted to get out to bigger waves. Their instructor was very helpful and they both loved it.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I chose this company to do two dives with as Charlie the Dive Master was extremely knowledgeable & helpful in-store.

On the day I dived, conditions we great & Anna my Dive Instructor was super friendly, knowledgeable & followed all the safety protocols. I was lucky enough to be the only person booked this day so it was a really wonderful private experience.
Anna made me feel confident in the water & pointed out Huge Eels, Tacos & Turtles.
Equipment was modern & in excellent condition.

Thank you to both ladies for making this a wonderful half day excursion.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Overall, I enjoyed my session. The order of the site visits was odd, but I still learned. We went to the bigger waves first, but I struggled. Then we went to the smaller waves and practiced much of what the instructor taught me.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018

It was my last day at the north shore in Oah'u and I decided to take a lesson and try to surf for the first time. I went to the shop in the morning and they immediately found a spot for me in the afternoon group for beginners. Because of the weather we were just two and our teacher was Karren, born and raised in Hawaii. She was simply amazingly good! She had patience and by the of the day we were able to catch some waves. Was a very nice experience and again, I loved Karren! Absolutely the place to try and learn surf!