4 people are viewing this hotel
$399
Free cancellation until 10/02/22
$399
Free cancellation until 10/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$359
Free cancellation until 10/01/22
Hotels.com$399
Priceline$399
Travelocity$399
All reviews boutique hotel road to hana mana foods private beach baldwin beach garden suite small hotel fish house petite room full kitchen stayed longer sitting area sea turtles nice beach four seasons maui amis
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2022

Overall we enjoyed our stay here. We wanted to be central to everything we did on the island and get more of a cultural immersive experience as opposed to a large resort and we were happy with our decision. The town is great with some easy shopping and decent food options. Make sure you try Vana which is attached to the hotel (awesome bar and sushi), Paia Bay coffee for breakfast or lunch, surf club for breakfast and coffee and of course Paia Fish Market and Mamas Fish House. If you don’t have a reservation call at 9:30 in the morning and ask if they have had cancellations. They can usually sneak you in if your not picky on the time.

Hotel location is great for the Road to Hana, Haleakalā national Park and any snorkel tours over to Molokini.

There’s a cute little market (Mana foods) about 3 blocks from the hotel if you need a few snacks or beverages for your room. Be sure to check it out.

While the beach is not the most picturesque we also understand we’re not staying at the Four seasons. We went to other beach’s a few days but this always did the trick for a hassle free trip from our room which takes you down a cute little walkway outfitted with a ice machine, seating with fire pits, Loungers, and outdoor showers. Just be mindful of the neighbors and respect the beach. Every evening turtles would crawl up the beach right in front of the hotel. If you do plan on on swimming at this beach walk down to your left a couple hundred yards where the surf is less rough and rocks are not present.

cons:
our room was great, we had kitchenette and two patios but we met with 4 other guests who all complained about their room being terribly small. I would confirm with the hotel before booking.

Parking is limited and they have reserved spots but that doesn’t necessarily deter the other tourists front parking there.

We had a few things go missing from our room while we were out (not a huge deal) just a phone charger and some food. I’ll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt.

If your wanting a beachfront view. This isn’t your place. It’s only a 100 yards from your room but it is not beachfront.

Lastly, we happened to pop on the local real estate office in Paia and it appears most of some of this hotel is for sale. So if your been wanting visit and have been on the fence about this place. I would definitely say book it.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2022 via mobile

I stayed at the Paia Inn two nights at either end of a nearby yoga retreat. As a solo traveler I found it welcoming and felt safe. Upgraded my room to a king garden suite and glad I did. It was quiet and roomy with a full kitchen that included an expresso machine. Up early to watch the sunrise at both overnight stays with my expresso and in my PJ’s- no one at the end of the path to the beach. Appreciated onsite parking as well. Beach access to Baldwin beach was over a few rocks. The area under the banyan tree was relaxing. I parked and did not move it until I departed the next day. Two fabulous sushi dinners at Vana Paia too.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2022

The Inn is every positive thing that others have written in their reviews. I will not repeat that.
Extra Charges - We stayed there two nights early in May. We made our reservation through Booking.com because we were on a last minute trip. After we got home we received our email receipt and noticed it cost about $60 more per night than we were quoted on Booking. Not a big deal, but it already is expensive. The extra charges were for "amenities", not sure what those were, maybe the coffee and tea in the common room or towels on the beach chairs. The second charge were described, when we asked by email, as something charged in addition to the Booking rates. No other explanation. Just so you know. We regret we did not book direct, but had a flight cancellation and had to come up with a place to stay in two hours.
Other minor issues were that I went out of the building to the beach area at 7:00 AM and could not get back into the building at 7:30 AM because the second exterior door was locked and our exterior door key did not open it. There is a building door and an outer fence door. I had to call my wife to come down to get back in. We were not given a tour of building to explain access.
As others have said, the water temperature in the shower is erratic at best and there is one, small garbage can in the room, in the bathroom and it was small. Minor issues, but annoying.
Have a great vacation.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed May 5, 2022

Friendly staff. Cute boutique hotel but smallest and most expensive place we stayed in our 15 days in Hawaii, including stays at Hilton's Hawaiian Village on Waikiki Beach, Sheraton Kauai Resort, and a beautifully appointed full condo in Kihei. Inside of hotel and room was very clean, but grounds were messy. Needed some sweeping, raking. 5 gallon buckets maybe could be stored in a shed rather than in the corner of the outdoor eating/sitting area. Nice beach and we appreciated the beach chairs being available. Lots of little outdoor spaces to relax. Rooftop could be adorable, but many lights were out, scattered seating with one small bar in the corner and one worn table. Nice flower pots though nothing planted in them with the exception of the one with a beer can stuffed into the dirt! Not the best value for our money but we got a lot of laughs out of the idea of my husband sleeping with his toes in the sink!

Date of stay: March 2022
2  Thank Sightsee796780
Reviewed April 19, 2022

Pizza is excellent. Good variety and selection of toppings. We chose take out service. It was ready on pick-up time, hot, and delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant for good food and nice atmosphere.

Date of stay: May 2021