“Good local food”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 16 December 2018

We always stop at Da Kitchen by the airport. This is the first time we tried this one. It is smaller, with a smaller menu but still good. My husband had the teriyaki beef- came with two scoops of rice and macaroni salad. I had the teriyaki burger- no need for the bun in my opinion. Really big burger- juicy and great. Comes with macaroni salad.... so plenty for dinner!

Date of visit: December 2018
TravisF448, Manager at Da Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2018

We're glad you checked out our Express location! We're looking forward to serving you and your husband again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

If you want a menu full of authentic Hawaiian dishes, Da Kitchen has you covered. Menu is large as are many of the meals. Servers very friendly and helpful and service super fast. Don't be put off by line at door, tables turn over fast.

Date of visit: December 2018

We appreciate your raving review! It's great to hear that we blew you away with our authentic island cuisine. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2018

My wife and I visited here because she wanted some real Kona pork and we found it here. Their menu was very local but I think they catered to tourists because I didn't see anyone that looked like locals in the restaurant and the prices were steep. I was going to get a loco moco plate lunch here but the prices were so steep I decided to find another place to get this local favorite. My wife enjoyed here pork which she had with a leaf salad and macroni salad. If you are close to the beach in Kihei, this may be the place for you.

Date of visit: December 2018
TravisF448, Manager at Da Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

We're glad to hear that you and your wife loved our authentic island cuisine! Our loco moco is a local favorite on the island, you should definitely try it on your next visit!

Reviewed 6 December 2018

ordered the hamburger, combo plate, always delicious and have enough left for lunch next day! The BBQ sauce with the pulled pork is excellent

Date of visit: October 2018

We appreciate your raving review! Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2018

I went here on a Saturday with my friend Horst, we were looking for some Yeast but instead we got a burger. I'm a man that can live with changes, so I got the burger, my firend Horst was not having it though. So he left quickly, my burger had a bunch of lettuce in it. Jesus who puts lettuce in a burger? That is beyond disgusting.

Date of visit: April 2018

We were very confused by your review, sir. The title was "Food was not cooked," but there wasn't a reference to anything in your order being undercooked. We are also unsure what you meant by "we were looking for some Yeast." As for the burger, all of our burgers and sandwiches are served with lettuce, tomato, and onion on the side for your convenience.