“Awesome experience”
Review of The Scuba Shack

The Scuba Shack
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience with Scuba Shack! We were the first out in the morning and had molokini to ourselfs. Got a lot of time in the water in both dives and saw lots of fish, turtles, and sharks. Great and professional crew. Will definitely recommend going diving with Scuba Shack.

Michelle E, Manager at The Scuba Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Mahalo for diving with us. We're so happy you enjoyed the amazing experience of Molokini and Turtletown. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends- that is the greatest compliment you can give us. We look forward to diving with you again on your next visit to Maui. Aloha.

All reviews
in 43 reviews
"turtle town"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2018

What a VACATION!!!!! Don't Even think about going DIVING with anyone else!!!! From Day 1 of our 5 days of diving, No other Company, Crew, Captain or Ship can compare. First ones to the dive locations everyday, last ones back after diving. PERFECTION Thank you Guys!!!! & Michelle. The 4 of us from Palm Springs, Will be back, with the Velveta. :-)

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Be on time: Michelle at the store was very pleasant and told us to be there by 6AM. We arrived at 5:45 but it was dark and we sat in the car until 6AM and until we noticed some activity. Big mistake and Charlie the owner made sure to give us a hard time about it and we felt uncomfortable and singled out frequently afterwards. It would be good for Michelle to make a point of saying to be there early and like Charlie says - 6AM means 6AM...

Snorkeling: If you're just snorkeling, this tour isn't so efficient for your time. You end up waiting at both dives for all the scuba divers to get prepared first and you're last to go out on both dives. Not only is it too much down time, but if the water is rough, it's no fun to wait that extra 20-30 minutes at each location before you can go in the water. Out of 15 people, 12 were doing scuba. If you're snorkeling, you're probably better off going on a snorkeling only tour like the other RED boats we saw around us.

Charlie: Not the friendliest guy (maybe we got off to a bad start being late). Charlie also definitely caters to the women, several comments inappropriate, and as other mentioned - too much touchy/feeling stuff going on.

Return: As others pointed out, didn't appreciate being held up on the return trip a few minutes from the doc, to hear about his other businesses and condo available for renting etc.. wasted 5 minutes for him to upsell his other businesses - already didn't feel great, and had to sit around, boat still in the water, bouncing around while he promoted his other businesses.

The rest of the crew and Michelle were perfect, but there's probably better choices out there, especially for snorkeling only.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I was on Maui a little over a week ago and my girlfriend, an avid SCUBA diver, insisted that I get certified during our vacation. I thought it sounded like fun, but I probably wouldn't have ever gone through the process without her influence.

Chris ended up being an amazing instructor and an amazing guy. He made scuba school at 7am on vacation a lot of fun while still doing a really great job of making sure I had a full understanding of and confidence in using all of the equipment and skills.

Days 1 and 2 were training (in the ocean near shore - I was grateful it wasn't in a swimming pool), and by Day 3 I was out on a boat with Chris, Captain Charlie, my girlfriend, and 6-8 other people going on open water dives. Great sites on day 3 - turtles, rays, eels, sharks (the harmless variety), nudibranchs, and a lot of other cool things that I wouldn't have seen had Chris not pointed them out.

From beginning to end, I have only the best things to say about my experience with Chris, Charlie, and Scuba Shack. Thanks, guys!

P.S. Chris also gives kitesurfing lessons. I haven't taken one yet, but I am sure he is great at teaching that, too! Next time I'm in town I'll be signing up!