Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$489
US$469
Autograph
US$659
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$754
US$659
US$546
US$519
Travelocity
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$227
US$190
Hotels.com
Kauai Palms Hotel(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$88
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,888 results
All reviewslazy riversalt water lagoonilima terracepoipu wingtidepools restaurantstevenson's libraryour honeymoonadult poolbreakfast buffetpool areatide poolsfour seasonsshipwreck beachopen airself parkingsushibeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As soon as we arrived at the Grand Hyatt and entered the lobby, we were in awe of the beautiful grounds. The view from the lobby of the ocean was amazing! We traveled with our family of 12, and had requested the four rooms to be close together. We were on the 3rd floor which was ground level and poolside. We could walk right out of our sliding doors to the pool areas and our rooms were right next to each other! We will recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! Amazing experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent three nights here after hiking the Kalalau trail. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed at. It compares to the Grand Wailaian on Maui. On our two full days here we spent the 7-8 hours at the pool. We loved finding a spot and setting up base. We ordered a few drinks that were pricey at $14 each and we ate at the pool restaurant Hale Nale. We ordered right from our pool loungers. The food was very tasty. The pool is expansive and filled with lush vegetation. We enjoyed the lazy river and did not try the water slide. We got into the hot tub twice. The hot tub is a bit inconspicuous and not very busy. Each time we were there by ourselves.

The room had a great ocean/resort view. Balcony was nice. Very quiet room. Great sleep each night. We loved the free water bottles and having the water machines through out the property. Each night some one came around for turn down service and offered or left cookies.

We ate breakfast 2/3 mornings in the Seaview Cafe. Food was good but one day they were under staffed and we waited for 20 minutes. The Seaview was a great place to start the morning with a view of the ocean. One of the mornings I was able to see a pair of whales. We ate one night at Tidepools. Great location and atmosphere and the food was excellent. Our waiters Les was one of the best waiters I have ever had.

The grounds are lovely and if you explore you can find places to sit and be alone. We found the 4th and 5th floor on the Poipu wing to have a balcony with loungers that were always empty. Also the swing that faces the ocean on the beach was very nice.

The beach is not as nice as some on other island but for Kauia it is ok. But with a pool like the Grand Hyatt who needs a beach.

1  Thank Robin V
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed with family over Spring Break. Hotel grounds are amazing. Location in Popoi is perfect to explore the entire island and also get as much guaranteed sun as possible on such a lush island. Rooms are serene and quiet. There was a family with kids next door and we didn’t hear them at all.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In summary, the grounds were beautiful, the pools were all great, and we experienced excellent service everywhere on the resort (bellmen, valets, front desk staff, bartenders, waitstaff, just everyone). Great concierge (details below). While we were on the island, we checked out a couple of the other resorts we considered and decided we made the absolute right choice for us. I highly recommend this hotel. A few highlights and things to know before you go:

This place is massive. They aren't allowed to build up, so they built out. So, lots of walking to get from place to place. Not a big issue for us, but if you have really young kids or elderly, make sure you ask for a room closer to the main lobby. The size is also a good thing, because it spreads out the crowds. Lots of space and nothing on the property ever seems really crowded. Also means lots of options for pools and dining.

Room - In the interest of full disclosure, we stayed in one of the Presidential suites with a connected extra bedroom for the kids. This probably impacted how we felt about the rooms. It was way more space than we needed, but really did enjoy it. Amazing view. Loved all the extra space and full kitchen. We like to play board games and cards at night, so we have plenty of space to hang out. I did peek into some of the other rooms and agree that they are a little outdated. Ask for a view, it will change your perspective.

Pool/Beach - The beach is not good for swimming and therefore there isn't service on the beach, but the pools more than make-up for the beach situation. My personal favorite was the lagoon pool. There are numerous options and I found the waitstaff around the pools to be great. Even though it was an extremely busy week, we were always able to find chairs. That said, if you want the best locations and good cushioned chairs, go early. Even better, rent a cabana. Most of the beaches on the island are rocky. If you really need your beach time, I recommend going to Kiahuna Beach (not the Poipu public beach).

Dining:
Breakfast - we had the breakfast buffet included in our package. For as crowded as this hotel is for spring break (no surprise) they handled this really well. We never waited longer than 7 minutes for a table, the buffets are set up for good flow and crowd control, and the wait staff were all friendly and great. We have stayed at some 5 star hotels (like Fairmonts and Four Seasons) that didn't do this as well.

Lunch - My favorite was the Captains Bar. Love the Poke Bowl. Again, great service. Thank you Jana!

Dinner - Make dinner reservations ahead of time. It will save you a ton of trouble, even if you end up canceling them. For dinner or drinks, my favorite was Stevenson's Library bar. My husband and I both loved this place. The kids can't sit at the bar, but they can sit at the bar high top tables. Great service and loved the sushi. I enjoyed the setting at Tidepool, but the food was over priced and the service was only ok. We ordered take-out from Dondero's and ate in our suite. That was good. One place where they really fell short was dinner on big check-in days. If you didn't already have a reservation, your choices are Stevenson's bar (where the kids can't sit) or Seaview Terrace where the service is basically non-existent. We were able to get a table on the terrace that hadn't been cleared yet. We sat there for over 10 minutes and no one ever approached us. We gave up and ordered room service. Which worked out just fine for us since we had and entire dining room in our suite.

Concierge - At first I was not thrilled that they out source this to Expedia. However, I ended up pleasantly surprised. I do a lot of research on Trip Advisor before I pick a vacation spot so I had a general idea of what we wanted to do on this vacation. I emailed the concierge a couple of months in advance with some general guidance on what we were looking for and got a response within 24 hours. Milena sent me some information then helped with dinner reservations, tours, and some guidance on hiking trails and beaches. She became my go-to person and she provided great personal service. Due to some work issues (yep, we both worked for a couple of hours each morning), we had to reschedule a bunch of activities 2 weeks before our trip and Milena handled it all. So glad I got to meet her when we arrived.

Laundry - This is likely not a big deal for most people, but it was for us. We are an active family that hikes, kayaks, snorkels and we stayed here for an entire week. Lots and lots of mud. So doing laundry is a must. Short version, my advice, if you are like us, skip all the BS and just call the manager of laundry (the manager, not the staff) directly to see if they can do a load or two for you. The laundry room in our wing of the hotel is a closet with only 3 washers and 3 dryers, one of the washing machines wasn't working, and another wasn't working well (bad spin cycle). There was a jam of people trying to get their laundry in, people were arguing, but with the amount of laundry we had I wasn't willing to pay by the piece for the service to do it. It's a much longer story, but stick to my advice.

Texting Service - Upon check-in they gave me a card with a number to text if we needed anything. They need to work out the kinks on this. Fairmont does it better. They did cancel a dinner reservation for me when we had a tour that was running late. Other than that, every time I texted them they just sent me a phone number for the department to call. This became part of the my laundry problem. The laundry manager eventually called us after we got passed around a bit with no success. However, it was too late, had already spent a couple of hours on the laundry problem.

Room Tip: Ocean view, closer to the main lobby. Loved the Presidential suite!
2  Thank live4wknds
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As expected this is not a budget resort but it is beautiful with its own beach and access to walks,great restaurants ( try Stevensons Library as even the locals recommend it).
The pools are amazing ( even have child free ones which is a bonus) and staff delightful.
Rooms are lovely and spacious.totally relaxing. Gym well equipped.
The even provide free self laundry ,a great bonus .
Treat yourself if you can.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family