“Memory Making Day”

Waikoloa Dive Instructor and Guide
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Personalized scuba instruction and dive guide. Dive when and how you want. Customized dive tours. Learn at your own pace. Private scuba lessons and certifications.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 April 2018

If you are looking for a personalized shore dive, you want to contact John. My daughter and a long time family friend were able to experience two beautiful locations in Puako today and, with John's guidance, they enjoyed the multi-colored fish and sea turtles. I did a lot of research about dive trips and am so happy that we chose John. I highly recommend him! He instantly makes you feel welcome and pays great attention to the details.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I completed my PADI open water SCUBA certification with John, and it was awesome. Having the one-on-one instruction from John was invaluable, and made the process very enjoyable. John is an excellent teacher who made sure to enforce the skills needed to be a safe SCUBA diver. I hope to be able to take an advanced diving course from John in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough positive things about John. I had a previous bad experience and was terrified to try diving again. John was so incredibly patient and kind when I was at my most venerable. I would have never dove again if it weren’t for John! He took great care of me when I needed more attention, but was also very attentive to my teenage daughters
The actual dives were stunning - beautiful fish, coral, turtles, eels, puffer fish, etc.
if you love diving - use John! If you are nervous, or need a refresher - also, use John!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

John operates shore dives out of Waikoloa which was very convenient for us saving a trip to the harbor of 25 miles plus. He first took us to Puako but it proved too rough for a shore entry so we drove down to Two Steps in his car at no extra cost. The journey took us on roads that we had not traveled on previously providing useful local knowledge. We had two great dives with just the two of us and John. It all felt very comfortable although getting into the water when there are rocks can be tricky. John helped us through this bit with helpful hints and a dose of humor. His local knowledge and personal approach provides a change from the big dive outfits. We recommend him highly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time diving with John. Very knowledgeable guide and knows the best spots to take you! We got to see a sea turtle cleaning station and lots of other animals! I would recommend this to anyone who has wanted to scuba dive, even people who are inexperienced. John will make sure you know and are comfortable with the equipment and basics of diving. We would definitely do this tour again next time we come to Waikoloa!