Review Highlights
Memory Making Day

If you are looking for a personalized shore dive, you want to contact John. My daughter and a long... read more

Reviewed 18 April 2018
Rebecca C
Glendale, Arizona
PADI Open Water Certification

I completed my PADI open water SCUBA certification with John, and it was awesome. Having the... read more

Reviewed 27 March 2018
Brandon-WA-2018
Vancouver, Washington

All reviews open water certification an excellent teacher the big island certified puako eels taught shore
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time diving with John. Very knowledgeable guide and knows the best spots to take you! We got to see a sea turtle cleaning station and lots of other animals! I would recommend this to anyone who has wanted to scuba dive, even people who are inexperienced. John will make sure you know and are comfortable with the equipment and basics of diving. We would definitely do this tour again next time we come to Waikoloa!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

John was thoughtful and considered about the dive sites. Each one had a special feel. He was prepared, calm, helpful and knowledgeable. John pointed out features that I would have missed and didn't rush me when I wanted to stare at an eel or fish or watch the turtles. The site locations were varied - one in Puako, another by the harbor and a third south of Kona.

John had a strong hold on suitable conditions and made certain that we were safe waters in terms of surge/currents/winds.

It was really thrilling. If I get back to the Big Island, I'll look him up again absolutely!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We would absolutely recommend John to any diver wanting to shore dive while on the Big Island. We wanted John to show us the ins and outs of shore diving on the Big Island in order to go on our own. What we failed to realize is our daughter, who has been on 30+ dives, had never shore dived with us before. We just didn't realize it going into the day. She was very apprehensive and John was extremely helpful in getting her successful in the water and comfortable. My husband and I have been on 100+ dives and are very comfortable shore diving. We appreciate John explaining the shore diving in this area in order for us to be comfortable going here without a guide. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Excelent experience with John doing the open water certification. I have been wanting to do this for years and finally completed it with instruction from John, he made it very easy and did not rush through it faster than I was comfortable while always reiterating that if you follow the rules diving is extremely safe. I would highly recommend diving with John.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Definitely have to do the Turtle dive. The location was fabulous. The dive guide was amazing. I️ was a little nervous and he was able to calm me down and it was nice that the group was really small so we had individualized attention.
We did two dives and both were best dives ever.

Date of experience: November 2017