“Excellent food in Hilo”
Review of Restaurant Kenichi

Restaurant Kenichi
Ranked #34 of 245 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Restaurant Kenichi Provides Ramen, Salads, Local Favorites, Sides, Catering and Private Party Services to the Hilo, HI area.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Eve though only for take out. the foods were excellent in quality.

We ordered Grilled Mahi-mahi and Sweet Potato Croquettes with curry sauce. Portions are generous and competitively priced.

The lady staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (81)

Reviewed 12 July 2020

Last night we got take out from Kinichi's for the first time.. I am a retired restaurant guy and it takes alot for me to go on Yelp and right a review. First of all because of covid 19 it was only take out... I ordered in advance as there menu is on their website. I asked to pick up order at 5:15. I got there at 5:05 and it was ready even with the line they had just to order or pick up like me..The portions were crazy big, more importantly the food was fantastic... I had the Mahi Katsu/bbq chicken combo... it doesn't get any better. We also had chicken katsu and hamburger steak and korean chicken salad which were all very good. But I must say, that the mac/potato salad was like homemade local style. Maybe the best in Hilo, including Kawamoto's. Thats saying alot... I was disappointed with the dessert. I ordered 2 cheesecakes and the size was so small. It did not match the enormous amounts they gave with every other dish. They could have put the 2 pieces together and it would have still be considered a small portion even with 2 put together.... but it does not change my rating.....will be back again, my friend Alan use to own it when it was called Kay's I think...

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is always busy and full of locals who enjoy the rustic styling and family-style seating. The food is good, the portions generous, the wait staff friendly, and the value excellent. They take reservations for parties of six or more, but figure a 20-30 minute wait for a walk up at 7 PM on a Friday night.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 1 September 2019

local restaurant in Hilo with nice staff an the ramen was great down to the last spoonful. Chicken wings were crispy and had a great flavor too. Felt like one of the locals here.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank KellyCbusOH
Reviewed 21 August 2019

I am from Fort Worth Texas and its one of the best ribeye steaks ever....will definitely return on next trip

Date of visit: August 2019