Lowest prices for your stay
$129
Free cancellation until 12/13/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$129
Free cancellation until 12/17/22
Vio.com
$112
Hotels.com$129
Priceline$129
Agoda.com$133
All reviews the trade winds sized fridge small kitchenette comfortable beds night stay farmers market bay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2022

The location of the Hotel is very good, only a mile away from the airport. From the hotel , bay is visible .
There is a small park at walk able distance from the hotel. The big Banyan tree gives the hotel a unique look.
From outside it looks simple, but the rooms are spacious and has small kitchenette with plates and glasses. Fridge and microwave is available.
Places to eat are also within walking distance.

Room tip: First floor rooms are good and from corridor bay is visible.
Date of stay: March 2022
2  Thank John E
Reviewed December 3, 2021

I attempted to book online, but my phone gave out so I went directly to Reeds. They acted like I was trying to steal something from them. They quoted me more than what showed online PLUS wanted $100 security deposit. I am 73, not exactly of the fly by night age. I finally took a room for 142. more than showed online, but I needed a place. They also said they were going to inspect the room before I was allowed to check out. They did not do that, but it was definitely meant as some sort of threat.
My room, 111, was pretty much crap. No drawers for your cloths and pubic hair on the shower room floor. I could only see 2 corners that did not have built up dirt. The cord on the hair dryer was so dirty, I refused to use it in this time of COVID. The security chain on the door was broken so I had to prop a chair under the doorknob. There was no phone in the room with which to call the front desk should there be an emergency. There was a broom handle in the sliding glass door track with which to lock it.
I have pictures of all the things I found. Thank goodness, I only had to spend one night there.

Date of stay: December 2021
2  Thank gaill982
Reviewed July 24, 2021 via mobile

We would rate this hotel at minus 2 stars:

The pictures shown on the website misrepresent the real old dumpy building and rooms of the hotel.

It has no air conditioned, there are only fans in he room; during the time we were there, it is very hot and high humidity;
no elevator, very weak WiFi, no restaurant, no vending machines, you may find some restaurants nearby, 10 minutes away

It was a big mistake for us to stay there for two nights, for $150 per night.

Don’t stay at this hotel

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Manitall
Reviewed June 16, 2021 via mobile

I am in Hilo every Quarter for work, normally at the Doubletree nearby. Due to tourist demand I booked Reeds Bay Hotel and had low expectations. No AC, older rooms, and I saw poor reviews.

The hotel is small but very clean. If my room is clean- that’s all I really care about. It was, and the towels were very new. The room had a balcony overlooking Hilo Bay and the pool. The room was a studio with small kitchen which I didn’t use, but full refrigerator and coffee pot were useful. The pool is very small, but clean, with a dip after a long hot day in the field. They have laundry facilities and a security guard at night.

This is not a luxury hotel, but of you want an small independent hotel in a great location. I would choose this one again. They had very good rates when I needed to book. Wifi was good, and I had no issues for my 3 night stay.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Ant4fatony
Reviewed June 8, 2021

We had two beautiful rooms right on the Bay. The views were wonderful. The service was kind and great. Never had such a clean room not even in chain hotels. The price was outstanding. Best in Hawaii.

The only negatives for older travelers were the stairs. There is no elevator. And there is no air conditioner.

However, the minute we opened the windows and door the trade winds cooled the room and we learned that without air conditioning we were acclimated for sightseeing and walking. Nights were just fine with a fan.

The hotel is next to the best swimming beach in HILO. The best food is right there also. I recommend the Verna's drive in for local food and the Fish Market for fish. There are beautiful waterfront and parks within very short walking distance. The main downtown and farmers market is only a safe walk of a mile from the hotel.
Please take advantage of the location. It doesn't get better than this in Hilo.

Room tip: Ocean view is worth the extra money if available.
Date of stay: June 2021