“Great morning with Paul along with some gems to follow up on!!”

More attraction details
Owner description: Please join me on a private, Jackson Hole Photographic Scenic and Wildlife Safari through Grand Teton National Park with me as your experienced guide. I will provide you with a unique opportunity to explore the unparalleled scenery and wildlife surrounding Jackson Hole. Grizzly and black bears, moose, elk, mule deer, bison, pronghorn, eagles and wolves are just some of the wildlife we often experience. With my visual and ethical appreciation for the environment I' am anxious to share my passion with all my guests. I guarantee I will be your guide. I offer over 39 years of experience in seeking out the elusive wildlife that inhabits the region and extensive knowledge on the best locations to view and photograph the picturesque surroundings of Grand Teton National Park. I offer only one Safari Tour per day and each tour is individually customized. All tours include fresh morning glory breakfast muffins, refreshments and of course the use of high quality Nikon binoculars, and Swarovski spotting scopes, as well as tripods and rain-gear. Please be sure to check out the rest, and see why people choose Paul Martin's Photo Safaris. I sincerely hope I can be part of your amazing Jackson Hole adventure! --Paul
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Paul is the consummate professional and delivers a very personable service tailored to what his client wants. Obviously, he is incredibly knowledgeable on the area and has a really engaging and relaxed manner. I will be honest, I wondered whether we would be able to get close to full value for a near 500 dollar half day trip but on reflection there is no doubt. His advice and guidance saved us days of frustrating driving around and no doubt missing many opportunities. We head back to DC with great memories of our visit to the Grand Tetons and as importantly some beautiful images that will be for us forever. We wouldn't have had either of these without Paul!

SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thanks for your review! I like to have a detailed conversation with all my guests when booking that way we get to know each other and I can tailor our time together to meet my guests individual expectations. Taking my Sunrise Safari as one of the first things you do when visiting Grand Teton National Park is one of the best ways to get to know the park with insights on where and what to look for. Thanks you for the opportunity to share my lifetime experience in the Jackson Hole valley with you. —Paul

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Simply put-EXCELLENT. Safari date: January 2014

If you are looking for a more intimate guided experience while visiting the Jackson Hole area, you can't go wrong by booking Paul Martin's Photo Safaris. We have always hated tours where twenty or thirty people crowd onto a bus while the driver speeds through all the local highlights as they describe what is out the window over a loudspeaker, so we looking for a more intimate and relaxing experience while in the Jackson Hole area.

Paul has vast experience as a photographer and is eager to share his experience while taking you to some of the more popular areas as well as some of his favorite less traveled spots. To top it all off, Paul has an assortment of zoom lenses for his clients to use, including even some point and shoot super zoom cameras.

Our safari had us riding around in a very nice and roomy Mercedes van and included coffee and some wonderful morning glory muffins that my wife immediately got the recipe for.

Several days after our tour Paul text me to let me know that the next morning called for a full moon setting just as the sun was to rise over the mountains. He text me the exact time of the event and where I might want to set up to get some pictures. Paul could have easily brushed us away, seeing our safari had ended days before, but he took the time to make contact with me and let me know about the beautiful photo opportunity the next morning.

We have already booked with Paul for a photo tour during September to capture the fall foliage and moose during their rutting season.

Thanks Paul for a wonderful experience. Thanks also for the wonderful morning glories which my wife makes weekly now to go along with our early morning coffee.

Larry & Teri

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

It was my pleasure sharing the morning in Grand Teton National Park with you guys, and thank you for sharing your trip with other Trip Advisor readers. As you so nicely noted all my tours are private and Im always going to be your guide offering a lifetime of experience photographing Grand Teton National Park. Because I do only one tour each day, and a limited number of tours each week I’m able to give each guests the personal attention not available elsewhere. I try to keep in touch with my guests after their tour and while they are out exploring the park on their own. I feel I have done my job well when I see guests having a great time after their time with me. I m looking forward to our photo tour next September. Have a great winter and see you in the fall! --Paul

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a morning photo safari with Paul Martin in the Jackson, WY area. Paul met us where we were in our skill level and advanced us both, while at the same time taking us to the most astounding scenic views of the area. He was a delightful and considerate host, from providing a splendid van that kept us comfortable, to the coffee that warmed our morning to the super zoom lens for my camera. We could not have enjoyed our time more. I can't recommend Paul strongly enough.

Brent

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank michael s
SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Please accept my sincere gratitude for entrusting me as your personal photo guide on one of my Grand Teton National Park Winter Sunrise Safaris. There are multiple tour options for you to choose from and I am personally delighted to have been your choice. It is always my goal to exceed my guests expectations as I greatly value the time and effort you put forth in choosing a guide. Winter offers some of the best early morning mountain landscapes and this was another one of those spectacular sunrises. Thanks again for allowing me to share it with you. --Paul

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I went on a sunrise photo safari with Paul on January 19 and it exceeded my expectations. As a first time visitor to Jackson Hole, I was looking to hire a photographer with a vast knowledge of the area, and the experience to help me maximize my time. I found both - and much more - in Paul. His expertise and guidance made it both a rewarding and worthwhile experience. Paul took me to all of the well-known, must-see locations (oxbow bend, snake river overlook)... but more importantly, took me to lesser-known, pristine spots around the valley. He helped me compose and shoot my pictures - and even spent time with me to edit them afterwards. He truly cares about the happiness of his clients and tailored the entire outing to fit my specific interest (landscape photography). I would recommend Paul to anyone who is looking to get a comprehensive tour of the area and leave with some incredible pictures of a destination that is truly breathtaking. Thank you again, Paul.

SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

I get asked all the time if I will be taking my guests to Oxbow Bend or other popular iconic locations, and of course I will, but you can do that with anyone. I also share some of the lessor known, but even more spectacular scenic locations giving my guests the opportunity to take home images unique and special that others simply miss. Because all my tours are private we focus on what your most interested in while still getting an unforgettable comprehensive view of Grand Teton National Park and Jackson Hole. Thanks Nick, and I look forward to your next visit. --Paul

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I can't recommend Paul highly enough. He was extremely generous in every way. He loaned me his lenses and tripods, where others would charge a fee. He did not make us go out on the day we had booked in advance because the weather would have led to a less than ideal trip. In everything he did, his goal was always to optimize our experience. He took great care to meet our needs, especially from a photographic point of view. His love of the Park comes through in everything he does. If I visit Grand Teton again, I will get another tour with Paul.

There is a photographer I all of us, phone cameras and point-and-shoot cameras are getting better everyday offering everyone the opportunity to capture great photos and memories. And of course there are those who are more serious about their photos with the advances in DSLR cameras. Since 1974 I have been photographing the landscapes and wildlife of Grand Teton National Park and today I really enjoy sharing that knowledge with all my guests. Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity in having you as one of my guests. --Paul