“Great food, disappointing service”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our founder, Dave Andreson, lives for bbq. Growing up in Chicago, Illinois, Dave's passionfor ribs began when his dad would bring ribs home from work in his lunch bucket. His dad would get the best tasting slow-smoked spare ribs from street corners vendors who used 55 gallon smokers filled with charcoal and smoldering green hickory wood.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I ate here in December and the food does not disappoint. The burnt ends (brisket) are an appetizer that could be a meal, sides are great and everything was tasty. Basic customer service really could use some work. We arrived at the carry-out window and were completely ignored for close to 10 minutes. Three employees made eye contact with us and said nothing. I actually wondered if they were closed. When one of them finally came to take our order, we were getting ready to walk out. When we remarked that no one had helped us, the employee curtly said they were extremely busy. I told him I get that, but all they had to do is greet us and say they would be with us in a minute. We were not abusive to him, but he was not gracious or apologetic and did not offer us anything for our experience. I will be back due to the great food, I hope that the managers can offer some basic customer service training in the meantime!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Thanks for the great service John B. Amazing job and very professional with everything. Everything was wonderful! I appreciate it all.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

John B was an amazing waiter! Everything we ordered came at the appropriate time. He was right on our beverage refills. If I knew John would be our waiter every time, we’d visit weekly! My family and I were very pleased!

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We eat at Famous Dave every time we go swimming at the Dells. It's a chain restaurant but they have really good flavors and big portions. I think the best worth it item is their full slab for $26.99. It's huge and comes with 3 sides. A corn muffin is given, and then you choose 2 more sides. My husband and I were able to share 1 full rack, but I know pros who can eat the full rack by themselves. The kids items are big portion as well. We usually get chicken tenders and the kids love it with the sweet and sassy bbq sauce. We use to order the combo plate for 2, but realize it was a better deal to get the full rack. Seriously, their ribs are delicious!!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The food is ok, on par with Chilis or Applebees. But the prices and service are what makes you disappointed when you leave. The website says they deliver, but when you call they laugh and say they don't. When you arrive, the shaved head, tattoo guy welcomes you by staring at your wife's chest. Then has the guts to smirk at you when you see him. Drops a pile of menus on your table and walks away. On to the wait for your food at the table, which is fast, so fast that everything must be precooked and sitting in a buffet in the back. Food is ok, average. Then the check comes and you find all these "up charges" for your side selections that you thought were included (soup and salad seem basic enough to me). I love good BBQ and this place has potential, but service and value come into play as well. Go checkout the moose or Buffalo and you will have a better experience. And if you do go to Dave's anyway, tell baldy my wife said they are real and they are spectacular.