American Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
US$152
US$279
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$210
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$110
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$203
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
US$180
Ambers Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$166
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
US$290
All reviewsbath ritualquiet roomsteam roomturn down servicesignature massageinfinity poolkohler showerhot tubluxury suitecommon areaslounge chairsovernight guestsking sizeyogurtscreened in porchdel barsitting area
Reviewed 25 May 2018

The good: one of the best massages that I've had. Thomas was the massage therapist I had and he provided exactly the type of massage that I like. I liked it so much I booked another with him. The bath ritual is great. The quiet room with the water, jaggery tea and snacks is very nice. The outdoor pool/hot tub was also great. There is an outdoor bar if you want to add to your relaxation with a cocktail, the water temperature was perfect and the view of nature is an added bonus. While relaxing in the pool in the evening, we even saw a deer crossing into the woods. Was very peaceful. The food in the restaurant was very good and the bartender was extremely friendly and accommodating to us. I wish I could remember her name to give her a shoutout. The Kohler shower in the room was fantastic. Looking at the photos of their outdoor pool expansion - it looks like that new area will be great!

The not so good: Other than the shower, the room wasn't anything that great. There was a fireplace, but I couldn't get it to turn on. At the price point of even their standard room, I was kind of expecting something more luxurious. The construction made the layout of the property very awkward. I suspect this will all come together once they are done but I expected something more spa-like and inviting when we walked in. They closed down the bar in the pool area early on Saturday saying that they were going to be busy in the restaurant. That was unfortunate, there were quite a few people in the pool area that were looking to order drinks and when we went over to the restaurant it was dead, so that was odd. It seems they don't quite have their staffing down.

All in all we had a great weekend. It was very relaxing. This is a very nice property and once the construction is complete, it will be even better. However, at the price point to stay in the inn and the minimum two night stay, I doubt that I will every do overnights here again. We liked it, but felt it wasn't worth the cost. I would definitely consider doing another day trip here again though when we feel the need to unplug and unwind.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Staci W
Reviewed 19 May 2018

My husband and I have been coming here for a weekend getaway for the last several years. I grew up in Wisconsin, but moved to the East coast shortly after they opened. When we got married in Boston 10 years ago I looked for something like Sundara throughout New England for a mini-moon, but found nothing. I love that I don’t have to actually get any treatments (although I have), that just staying here is a treatment in itself. Walking in you smell cucumber, hear spa music and just go “AHHHHH”. No kiddos (I do love my kiddos) just grown ups, in their robes, all here for one purpose - to EXHALE

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but having the screen porch looking over the woods and the pool is divine.
Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Alyssa M, Director of Operations at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your Sundara experience!

We are delighted to provide a Midwest spa destination for you!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

My wife and I have been coming here for many years, a couple of times a year on average though we've brought out-of-town family and she's brought 4-5 of her staff on day/night/day retreats as well. We love the proximity to Madison and our (my) favorite getaway is coming up on a spring/summer afternoon, relaxing in the pool, eating dinner at Dell Bar, golfing Wild Rock in the morning and having spa services that afternoon before heading home. It can be a wonderful way to spend 24 hrs. When my 99 y/o father died in March, she arranged this exact trip for us in May and it has been something to look forward to moreso than any other trip we've made up here in the past 15 yrs.

Sadly, the rigidity of the staff make relaxing here impossible. You will be met by a wonderful doorman/bellhop/chauffeur in Richard, who is the only one with a heart and soul---the rest of the staff are automatons, don't smile, treat you like a number (proportional to your total on the bill), are inflexible about their no-tech policy, but don't enforce the quiet policy, and can't seem to find a way to extend the checkout time (because the rooms somehow magically ALL clean themselves promptly at noon, at least on Thursday). We had an 0800 tee time at Wild Rock and 1400 (2 pm) spa services at Sundara, just across the road. Checkout is 1100, late checkout is noon--NO exceptions apparently. Mapping this out, we wouldn’t be done golfing until noon, but could be back at Sundara and out of the room easily by 1300---but they won't extend the late checkout ONE hour. So having spent only 22 hrs on property and over $500 (not including another $300-400 in spa services yet to come) we have to rush, be packed and out of our room by 0700 and then live out of the car the rest of the afternoon, changing between golf clothes, bathing suit for the spa and clothes to go home in, running to/from the car. I know there are bigger things in life to worry about but sometimes, when you want to relax (and are paying a lot of money to do it), it's about the little things---these are the things Sundara staff used to care about. Now they've lost their soul and gotten too big for themselves---and the rest of us apparently.

Go for the spa services if you need to, definitely golf Wild Rock, but forget it as a hotel. There are better, far less rigid and much more human places to stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tbrazelton3
Alyssa M, Director of Resort Operations at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your patronage over the years and apologize that this trip we fell short.

Please contact our Director of Resort Operations at 888.735.8181 so that we may personally speak to you.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

First, let me acknowledge that I was advised of construction when I made my reservation. Now to the review. This was booked as an anniversary getaway for my wife and I. We had heard so many great things from some very close friends so we decided to give it a shot. Upon arrival, there was definitely construction going on. No worries though, I was assured at time of reservation they only worked until 5 on Friday and did not work at all on the weekend. Check-in was fairly quick but we had to ask about our itinery. We were supposed to have a chef's tasting in our room on the first night and the front desk seemed unsure about it. They were finally able to confirm it (was not worth it). Upon entering our room, we were faced with the crew working just outside our room. I was told at reservation time they would put us away from the construction. I called down to change rooms and was given the standard "No other rooms available" speech. They were quick to offer a $75/nt credit, which was better than nothing
I figured since no weekend work that would be fine, but we had to keep our shades closed when in the room. I find it hard to believe they could not move us given the number of people we saw checking in on Saturday. Anyway, our Saturday breakfast in the rotunda had a great view of construction workers taping off the windows for painting. As small as the eating area was we had to wait for a table. When we returned to our room, we had people milling around the construction area and they were paving the parking lot. So much for no construction on the weekend like I was ASSURED! Our massages were ok, but after the spa we planned to use the pool area and there was only one vacant place to sit and that was a table over in the corner away from everything. Not very relaxing as occupied as it was. All in all, WE made it a great anniversary and had a terrific meal at Field's. As far as our stay goes, we felt pretty insignificant in their eyes despite what we were paying. I know others have had much better experiences, but we did not. Because of this, I don't think we will be returning. We have been to MANY other spa/ resorts and treated much better at those.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TnLMiller

Thank you for taking the time to share your Sundara experience. Due to unforeseen circumstances and a last minute decision, construction cut into the weekend. We apologize that you weren't able to fully enjoy experience.

To discuss further, please contact our Director of Resort Operations at 888.735.8181.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

My husband & I stayed for 2 nights this week to celebrate my retirement, & were impressed with the level of service & recent room improvements. This is my 5th stay & they have recently updated the showers (very nice - rainshower above, 3 showerheads on wall, & a hand held - very nice tile/glass shower.) They've also put down new carpet in the existing rooms. Service was great . I had a Fountain of Youth facial & Signature massage - both very relaxing. Hope to go back this summer when the addition has been completed.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple