Sundara Inn and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$153
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$140
BestWestern.com
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$153
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$152
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$129
Starlite Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$78
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$109
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$270
Trail's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
All reviewsbath ritualquiet roomsteam roomfeather bedturn down servicesignature massageinfinity poolkohler showerhot tubpremier suitegirls weekendyogurtlounge chairsovernight guestscommon areasscreened in porchking size
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Sundara is a great place to relax and pamper yourself. However there are a few short comings such dining and community areas. the good news is the Spa is in the middle of a expansion and remodeling project which should address those deficiencies and make your stay a 5 star event. I would recommend delaying ,if possible, your visit until that time. If not , management should make an adjustment to their current packages

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank 1DeaconV
Alyssa M, Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are looking forward to bringing our guests a full service restaurant and more common areas with the unveiling of our 40,000+ sq ft expansion this summer. We have ran several offers over the last year and will have a new offer every month in 2018 in celebration of our 15th anniversary. We hope you are able to take advantage of one!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This was our third stay at the Sundara Inn & Spa in the Wisconsin Dells. Our experience was a little bit of a mixed bag this time. Overall we had a relaxing visit, but there were a few bumps in the road.

The Negatives:
--We had booked this reservation months in advance. We had requested, or had thought that we had requested, a Luxury Suite, with two beds, upper and lower floor, just as we had stayed in the year previously. When we were shown to our room, however, we were shocked to discover that we were put into a Plush Suite with only one bed. I thought that my partner was about to cry. We talked to the manager Jonathan but he confessed that the Inn was booked solid and that they could not accommodate our request for a Luxury Suite. We thought about going home but we settled for the Plush Suite for the weekend.

--The mattress on the pull-out couch in the Plush Suite was VERY uncomfortable—lumpy and springy. We had stayed in a VRBO in Chicago a few weeks earlier and the pull-out couch there sported an inflatable air mattress, which was extremely comfortable. (Hint to Sundara).

--They tout themselves as a Health Spa but there was so much chlorine in the water in the swimming and Jacuzzi pools that my skin was red and itchy for days after our visit.. (Chlorine is NOT good for human health--Google it.)

--Massage rates at the Spa were about TWICE the rate that you might pay anywhere else.

--The food at Sundara is just average—nothing to write home about. Breakfast was pretty basic--bacon and eggs, fruit, etc. For dinner we ate out at good restaurants in the Dells every night. The Del-Bar is highly recommended, as is the High Rock Cafe.

--No DVD Player in the suite. I had to use my laptop to play the DVD movies that we had brought with us. Luckily I had an HDMI cable to hook it to the TV. The TV screen was kind of dark, and I could find NO brightness controls in any of the menus nor on the TV itself.

--The wi-fi was extremely difficult to connect to. I have taken my laptop to coffee shops and motels all across the country, and have never had as much trouble getting on-line as I did at Sundara, The first day it took me the better portion of an hour just to get connected! I shut my laptop down for the night and the second day I could not get connected at all! It should not have to be that difficult to go on-line!

--Manager Jonathan had promised us a discount because of the room mix up, but of course he did not follow through. Upon check-out we discovered that they had charged us the regular room rate. We decided that it wasn’t worth arguing about.

The Positives:
--Friendly, helpful staff.
--Fast room service and efficient housekeeping service.
--Quiet, clean, spacious rooms,
--Jacuzzi tub in the room.
--Muti-shower-head shower with programmable temperature.
--A relaxing weekend get-away with many naps.
--Relaxing pool areas if you can tolerate the chlorine.
--Poolside drink service.

They are in the process of expanding and re-modeling, adding more suites, a whole new swimming pool area (salt water?) and a rooftop restaurant. We may give Sundara one more try once the new areas are open. I rate our experience this time as only three stars. It could have been so much better...

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
8  Thank RealHungryMann
Reviewed 28 January 2018

My husband and I booked a room for 2 nights. It was such a wonderful and relaxing experience! We are so lucky to have this top notch place so close to home. The service is the best! I can't wait to come back for another visit!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ediefram
Alyssa M, other at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Until next time, stay energized.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I have stayed here a couple of times with my husband but most recently I took my daughter here for some relaxation and bonding.

We all love this unexpected quiet sanctuary located in the over commercialized Wisconsin Dells. From the moment you walk through the front doors, the smell alone initiates the relaxation process.

The rooms are luxurious, large and cozy. I think all come with a fire place and jetted tub. Super comfy beds can be counted on.

The two very best features are the six step spa bath and the outdoor pool. We have stayed here both in the summer and the winter. The pool is great in any season. The spa bath is absolute heaven. When you are finished with the ritual your skin feels amazing and your sole even better!

I always get a hot stone massage when I come and I haven't had better anywhere else. This time I treated myself to a facial which was nice but I should have booked a longer one. I took the shortest time available and it wasn't enough.

So you ask with all these accolades why only four stars? Big reason - the food. They really need to work on the food options. They are either too fancy or not healthy enough. Would like to see more vegetarian options and higher quality ingredients and craftsmanship.

As long as I live in the mid-west this is going to be my go-to place for a relaxation getaway.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Alyssa M, other at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your patronage and are delighted that Sundara was part of your bonding time with your daughter.

We hope to see you again after the expansion is complete and our culinary experience is completely revamped!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I initially was searching online for the Jaggery Tea recipe....and came across the reviews for Sundara. Going down the rabbit hole that is the internet, I came across many keyboard warriors leaving all sorts of negative reviews relative to their Sundara experience.

Let me be clear, I am in no way affiliated with Sundara. I am however a person who has enjoyed the property in the past. So now it is my turn to "enlighten" everyone with my review.

I have read that non-registered guests are not allowed in the room for a "girls night out" prior to a wedding. I have read their Jaggery tea is "not healthy". I have read that their turndown service "is a joke". I have read that the "price is not worth it".

Key points folks.......

This resort is for people looking to disconnect from the tech world, connect (or reconnect) with someone special, and RELAX.

If I am paying good money to get away from a loud group of ladies from a wedding party tromping up and down my peaceful hallway taking 50 duck-face selfies along the way.......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU

If you are looking to indulge in various teas and delightful menu options - and not look at the label of what you are shoving in your face all while trying to find something negative to say........THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU

If you are looking for a place that is proud of their surroundings, patronizes local artisans, and prides themselves on the elegant yet simplistic things.......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU.

If you don't mind paying a little extra to have all of these things, not to mention zero screaming kids splashing non-stop in the pool (keeping in mind I have 4 kids whom I love dearly - so I am not anti-kids).......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU.

If you are a person that will find something to whine about no matter where you stay, Wisconsin Dells has many other options for you. Go stay at those places, and you will soon learn that they don't care. When you are at Sundara, you are family.

My passing thought....when my wife and I stayed there last May....the doorman/resort chauffer noticed one afternoon the flip flops provided by the resort looked small. He went out of his way to get me a size that fit better. Was I making do? Yes. Did I really care? No. Did this employee go out of their way to make sure my experience was up to their standards? YES

Room Tip: There are no bad choices here
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank Bob R
Alyssa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Bob R, thank you so much for taking the to share your thoughts. We appreciate your review and hope to see you soon!