Sundara Inn and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$153
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$140
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$153
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$129
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$109
Starlite Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$78
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$106
Trail's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
US$290
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$270
All reviewsbath ritualquiet roomsteam roomfeather bedturn down servicesignature massageinfinity poolkohler showerhot tubpremier suitegirls weekendyogurtlounge chairsovernight guestscommon areasscreened in porchking size
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I initially was searching online for the Jaggery Tea recipe....and came across the reviews for Sundara. Going down the rabbit hole that is the internet, I came across many keyboard warriors leaving all sorts of negative reviews relative to their Sundara experience.

Let me be clear, I am in no way affiliated with Sundara. I am however a person who has enjoyed the property in the past. So now it is my turn to "enlighten" everyone with my review.

I have read that non-registered guests are not allowed in the room for a "girls night out" prior to a wedding. I have read their Jaggery tea is "not healthy". I have read that their turndown service "is a joke". I have read that the "price is not worth it".

Key points folks.......

This resort is for people looking to disconnect from the tech world, connect (or reconnect) with someone special, and RELAX.

If I am paying good money to get away from a loud group of ladies from a wedding party tromping up and down my peaceful hallway taking 50 duck-face selfies along the way.......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU

If you are looking to indulge in various teas and delightful menu options - and not look at the label of what you are shoving in your face all while trying to find something negative to say........THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU

If you are looking for a place that is proud of their surroundings, patronizes local artisans, and prides themselves on the elegant yet simplistic things.......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU.

If you don't mind paying a little extra to have all of these things, not to mention zero screaming kids splashing non-stop in the pool (keeping in mind I have 4 kids whom I love dearly - so I am not anti-kids).......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU.

If you are a person that will find something to whine about no matter where you stay, Wisconsin Dells has many other options for you. Go stay at those places, and you will soon learn that they don't care. When you are at Sundara, you are family.

My passing thought....when my wife and I stayed there last May....the doorman/resort chauffer noticed one afternoon the flip flops provided by the resort looked small. He went out of his way to get me a size that fit better. Was I making do? Yes. Did I really care? No. Did this employee go out of their way to make sure my experience was up to their standards? YES

Room Tip: There are no bad choices here
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank Bob R
Alyssa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Bob R, thank you so much for taking the to share your thoughts. We appreciate your review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We were at Sundara for 2 nights in Dec. 2017 and it was absolutely wonderful. Just what we needed, it was perfect to unplug and restore especially in the the midst of winter. All of the employees were very attentive and are suite was outstanding.

We enjoyed all of the amenities, and a few spa treatments including: River Stone Facial, Shirodhara, 80-min. massage etc. It definitely met our expectations.

The breakfast was also wonderful, we were given an option to eat from their buffet which included: fruits, yogurt, granola & baked goods & also were able to choose from their menu options.

We also had lunch and dinner there and it was absolutely AMAZING. There wasn't anything on the menu we did not enjoy.

Our stay was wonderful, the employees were attentive and very helpful.

If you're looking for a relaxing getaway this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Amadiris C
Alyssa M, Guest Services Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to provide a sanctuary from stress and a place to unplug amid the hustle and bustle of the month of December!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We arrived on New Years eve at check-in time (4pm) and the room was ready. They loaded our bags and took them straight to our room. We barely had to lift a finger!

The room- We stayed in 2211 which was the Premier Suite. It was beautiful and clean. The are doing construction but it was not going on while we were there. It didn't effect us at all! The view for us was still beautiful. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed we had ever stayed in. I slept better there then I do at my own home & I never sleep with in hotels! The fireplace was a perfect added touch to warm up the room and add the cozy feel. The bathroom is large with a large shower. We could not figure out how to get the Jet Spa (in shower) to work but it wasn't that big of a deal or we would have called and asked.

Spa- The spa was very relaxing. We did not purchase any add on spa treatments and we were okay without them. Between the exfoliating shower, steam room & Whirlpool that was all I needed to be relaxed. After I had enough time in the spa area I would proceed to the "quite area" which was a nice way to finish my relaxation. They always had fresh granola and fruits with tea, infused water & coffee. All complimentary. My husband and I did this upon arriving and then I did it by myself the next morning. I didn't feel like going back to the room to get ready so I used their downstairs facility to shower and get ready. They had everything from shampoos, combs, hairdryers and professional hair product to use. I loved it!

Breakfast- They had complimentary breakfast which was everything we need. They have all of your basic breakfast items (fruits, bread, yogurt, oatmeal ext) but they also make eggs, omelets, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes ext.

They do free shuttles to a few places which brings me to my only minor complaint. Minor enough not to take a star away! :) We wanted to go to the Reef to bring in the New Years and they wouldn't take us there. She said they go to Monks but no the Reef. They are right across the street from each other so that was weird to us. We didn't want to go to Monks and walk because it was -15 degrees out! :/ So we just drove instead.

The outdoor pool was also closed because it was so cold out so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We were greeted with a warm welcome upon arrival. Shortly after settling in to our room, we received a call to ensure the room was comfortable and that we had everything that we needed. The service was fantastic the whole weekend. The food was good and the spa services were wonderful. This is my fourth visit (girls trip, couples get away) and I will be back for sure.

The experience is an investment but well worth it!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Alyssa M, Guest Services Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your Sundara experience and for your patronage over the years! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2018!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Sundara Inn and Spa is a first class getaway for couples.First class massages. Nice pools. We missed the sauna we were used to in the Meridian Spa in Hamburg. Very nice appetizers and dessert. Breakfast in the morning is not the same as the reception in the evening. Also the coffee was not what we expected. The expansion plan includes a nice salt water pool. It took days after checkout before they let go of the $400,- hold on the credit card for unexpected extra expenses. The guest services attendant mentioned that a new computer system has been installed and that there where still some glitches.

Room Tip: You can see the deers from your hotel room as their feeding place is very close by.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple