3,101 results
All reviews sands building indoor theme park ivory coast ferris wheel great karoo double cut master blaster hut room brew pub royal african queen suite bowling alley water park cookie decorating swim up bar movie theater all ages convention center
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We stayed in the Resort for a Showstoppers dance competition. Kalahari has everything to put on a great show.
Waterpark was a lot of fun and food was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend Great Karoo dinner buffet.
My family reserved a 2 room family suit (regular not royal). The room has very bad location. It is on the ground floor right on a walkway between lobby and theme park, restaurant, bowling lanes, bar and a movie theatre. Room itself was very nice, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, but if you are looking to sleep at night, you should avoid it. People that are walking out on the hallway are very loud. Hotel was very busy on the weekend when we stayed. Theme park was open until midnight (I think), bowling and bar until 2 am, so there was no way to sleep due to the noise on the hallway.
After the first night, we asked, if we can be moved to a different location for the remainder of the stay, but the resort was sold out and we had to stay in the noisy room.
This was our first stay in this room style (and definitely the last one). I wish the call center staff informed us about the location, it would make a big difference.
Other than that our stay was great.

Room Tip: Avoid 2 room family suites
3  Thank anikkak
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We stayed at the Kalahari on the weekend of April 8-9. We only live about 45 minutes from the Dells so we don't typically stay when we play, but I had a gift card so I thought why not? Because I had the gift card I decided to get one of the nicer rooms - the Horizon Family Suite. This is the way to go if you have a couple of kids and want an adult room to yourselves. Keep in mind that this is a Resort and there are about $30 in extra resort room fees and taxes that come with that...along with your regular hotel room fees and taxes (around $50 altogether). But if you are going to stay at a resort in the Dells, this is a nice one. Our room was in the "main" part of the Kalahari so it was an elevator ride down and a 5 minute walk to the waterpark. My only complaint on the waterpark would be that the lazy river is too shallow - 1'9" in spots and if you like to just grab an inner tube and float under it vs. on top, you might scrape your knee. There are lockers you can rent for $5-$15 for your valuables in the Womens/Mens locker rooms and a bank of them just outside the locker rooms inside the waterpark. Usually we just find a table/chair near where we're swimming and put our stuff there and there were plenty of tables where we could have done that as well. Since we went at a not so busy time (post spring break/pre summer) it wasn't as packed as it could have been so that was nice.

My kids preferred the Amusement park part of the resort. My advice that will probably be the most helpful - you can either get a wristband for all the rides OR you can get an "Action Card" - where you load money onto the card and you can play arcade games AND use the credits towards going on rides. Since my kids were more interested in the Arcade games and only wanted to go on a couple of rides this was perfect. A wristband is like $35 (approx) and each ride costs around $5 so you'd have to go on at least 7 rides to make it worth your while. My kids only wanted to do the climbing wall and the obstacle course - each $5. They each had a gift card as well and they were easily converted to credits on the Action Card.

Food-We did not eat at any of the places in the resort but there was a nice "sit down" restaurant (Ivory Coast) and some snack (pizza, burgers, ice cream) places, a cafe with coffee and healthy foods and a sweet shop - well, we had ice cream at the sweet shop. There are several restaurants close by - Cracker Barrel, Qdoba Mexican, Mac and Cheese Shop (MACS), Subs, Famous Dave's, and The Pizza Ranch all within a 3 minute drive/10-15 minute walk. If you go all the way out to the stop lights (4 minutes) you'll see Starbucks, McD, Burger King, and if you want your food delivered by train, head over to Buffalo Phil's by Knuckleheads - one of our favorites. The Desert Star Cinema is an excellent movie theater that we frequent that is a 5 minute walk from the resort.

The Kalahari is a beautiful place, with lots to do - on Fri-Sat-Sun they have activities for kids but some you have to pay like a $5-10 fee to participate in. Did I mention they have glass elevators? My kids really enjoyed those! I've been to the Wilderness which is bigger....but you have to do a ton of walking and they have 3 or 4 different waterpark areas which are a pain to get to and you have to stay to play. I've not been to the Great Wolf or to Mt. Olympus so I can't compare those with the Kalahari. The Kalahari is introducing a new outdoor waterslide that looked pretty thrilling. The outdoor waterpark was of course closed in April but that looked like a lot of fun as well. You do NOT have to stay to play at the Kalahari.

Room Tip: 2nd-4th floor of main resort area would be best/quiet. Rooms in the 1400s are along the hallway to the arcade.
3  Thank Jill P
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi Jill! I'm delighted to hear that you decided to be an overnight guest of our Resort. The Arcade & Theme Park are some of our guests favorite parts. I would encourage you to try one of our Restaurants next time you're out with the family, the Wisconsin Brew Pub is a Favorite. So stop out some time, play in the arcade & dine at one of our Restaurants, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Nice place for mini vacation for families with young kids. Better than many of the other indoor theme park facilities in the area. Movie theatre, water park. Clean grounds. African theme is fun. Food is basic, but better than decent.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The kalahari resort was awesome! The staff was so helpful. We got upgraded to the presidential suite !!!!! We had two bedrooms a huge living room and kitchen and our own jucuzzi on the balcony! Me my family loved the Master Blaster waterslide which was our favorite!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

The Master Blaster is one of our most popular attractions with our guests. Lucky you to receive an upgrade to the Presidential Suite! I'm delighted to hear everyone had a great time. Thank you for sharing!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We arrived and could not believe everything there was. It became clear why this is the place to be. Then once we got inside the overall experience was improved by the staff. Between the water park and the indoor theme park we never lacked for things to do. Many of the things to do are already included in the initial cost. Then we got to eat and things just got better again. The breakfast buffet was one of the best anywhere. Here's to doing your best when you are already on top.