“Great Authentic Mexican Food at Reasonable Prices”
Review of Margaritas

Margaritas
Ranked #57 of 188 Restaurants in Waukesha
Reviewed 10 January 2017

This place is small but I hear they may expand. The food is plentiful and delicious. I have never had a bad meal. I am working my way through the menu but I am very fond of the tamales, the carne asada, and the fajitas. They have a variety of Flavored Frozen Margaritas which they will even layer them for you. All in all, a wonderful experience every time I go!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I've been here quite a few times now and have never been disappointed. I've even started going down their menu and trying different items and have never had a bad experience. Their fish taco's are phenomenal.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Food is average, not great, not bad. Service and drinks are the attraction to me. Have been many times for dinner and the lunch buffet. The lunch is good, inexpensive and offers something for everyone even though it us fairly small.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Our group of about 20 usually meet here near Christmas. The owner is pals with our group organizer. Served quite well. Served family style. Always enough for everyone. Great tequila available.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

This is a small but very friendly neighborhood restaurant. We just moved here, but we've been to Margaritas several times and we expect to become 'regulars.'

The food is terrific. There are all the usual Mexican dishes, but unlike the chains they're all freshly prepared. There are also some surprises, including homemade chicken soup and beef stew; they have a fish fry on Fridays. The service is great and there is a full bar.

On weekdays, they a very reasonably-priced luncheon buffet with steak and chicken tacos, fresh fruit and to-die-for homemade flan and tres-leches cake.

They don't have the buffet out for dinner, but they have a good selection of regular dinner food.

The real reason to visit Margaritas is to get a glimpse at the way Waukesha is changing. This was a tough, blue collar neighborhood with a nearby college (Carroll University) and a growing community of urban professionals. So, on a given visit, you'll see hispanic families, a retired folk, a crew of landscape workers, and college students with laptops. There is a TV that always seems to show Mexican wrestling. and a calendar with a map of Central America. Everyone eats, and at Margaritas everyone eats well and gets along great. You should go here.

1  Thank Len L