“Wonderful to visit.”

Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Superior
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This museum honors World War II flying ace Richard Bong and all veterans.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would have never stopped in to visit but decided to go with friends. I learned so much and it was interesting historically. I am so glad I stopped in. Highly recommended.

All reviews
"historical center"
"small town"
"the lower level"

Reviewed February 18, 2018

My thirteen year old son did not find may of the exhibits here to be very engaging. It was not particularly captivating for me either. It is fine for a 30 minute side trip to stretch your legs while traveling, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Richard I Bong was a WWII Air Corps pilot who stands to this day as the highest scoring US ace, having shot down in aerial combat 40 enemy aircraft. He was awarded the Medal of Honor and was a nationally known hero during the war. This museum is a fine tribute to a great man. In addition, the museum has many exhibits honoring Wisconsin and Minnesota veterans. All in all, this is an excellent museum.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

This was our first visit to the museum. It is much larger than it looks from the outside. Well done displays on the different conflicts. Lots of excellent artifacts. Was happy to see a section dedicated to the women of WWII. Lots of local interest for my cousins that live in Duluth.