Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$155
TravelocityUS$155
TripadvisorUS$155
Destinia.com
All reviews lavender room she loves door county wonderful cook cookies ship yard lovely home b bs every evening each morning old victorian come home hot coffee private balcony a wonderful stay stayed nights brownie
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2021

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend away together to Door County. Robyn was an amazing host and she made great recommendations on things to do around the area. She is a wonderful cook and the breakfasts were beyond delicious!! We stayed in the English Lavender room, the whirlpool tub was very comfortable and a great place to relax after a long day of exploring. The bed is very comfortable!! The decor is beautiful and I highly recommend staying here to anyone who is looking for a bed and breakfast! It is very close to downtown with cute shops and great restaurants! Book here, you will love it!!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

Robin is a Great host with a beautiful home only a short walk to great shops. Breakfast was delicious each morning! And her late night brownies were to die for! We will definitely be staying here again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2020

My wife and I came here for our 3rd anniversary and we are so glad we did. If I had to sum up the experience in one word that would be simple: ROBIN! She made our time there so special. I can't go into some details because she went so far beyond the norm. But suffice it to say she was listening carefully to the breakfast conversations and she then did some little things that made all the heavenly difference. And the BREAKFASTS were amazing every morning, worth the stay alone compared to any B&B just offering continental service. We never ate lunch any of the 4 activity days because we were full and waited for dinner. Plus the delicious nightly baked treats that meant we didn't ever have to buy dessert in a local restaurant. We spent 5 nights in the Cottage Rose and found it to be spacious and delightfully out of the way at the end of the hallway farthest from the stairs (which do squeak quaintly). The bathroom is also decently sized, with a nice bathtub that has the book-reading recline back. Don't let the shipyard right across the street to the south scare you. The location is convenient to travel in the local area and all over Door Co. Their noise isn't much heard other than the romantic ship's whistle that calls out for shift changes (e.g., every 7 am). I sleep with ear plugs and had no issues with noise. Parking is easy (4 spaces, 2 each on opposite sides of the front porch). Robin knows the area well, so we trusted her advice on local restaurants (so much so that we ate twice at Trattoria dal Santo, just down N. 3rd Ave. to the East, loving our appetizers & meals!) and things to do (both the experience of taking a tractor-pulled hayrack ride across Lake Michigan to Cana Island Lighthouse and the natural wonders of Cave Point Co. Park & next door Whitefish Bay Dune State Park. So if you want to experience Door Co. in classic style & warm comfort you won't go wrong here! Thank you Robin. You made our stay so romantic & inviting.

Room tip: Cottage Rose & English Lavender most spacious.
Reviewed 14 October 2020

We stayed at the Garden Gate for a long weekend getaway as a couple. Robin was a warm and welcoming hostess and made our stay comfortable and fun. The breakfasts were delicious, huge, and beautifully presented! We appreciated that breakfast started a bit later (9am) than at other B&Bs since it made the mornings feel less rushed. (And if you get hungry earlier, there is coffee and cake available for guests by 7.) We stayed in the Lavender Suite which was cute and cozy yet spacious. Everything was very clean, and the bed was so comfortable that we didn't want to come home to our own soft and lumpy mattress! We also loved the B&B's walkability to downtown Sturgeon Bay and the room's private balcony for eating takeout dinners (during the COVID era). All in all, an excellent stay!

Room tip: We loved the Lavender room for the private balcony and tub, but the other rooms might be quieter (further from the road and shipyard).
Reviewed 7 October 2020

As a newly married couple, my husband and I decided to stay at the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast in Sturgeon Bay in August after LOTS of research. We are a young couple and weren't sure if we would like staying in an old Victorian home with different couples/parties in each bedroom. However, the Garden Gate had great reviews and we love the Door County area, so we booked for 3 nights on a whim. Upon arrival, Robin was so kind, courteous, and helpful. She helped us find a place to safely chain our bikes on the property, offered to help find restaurants or activities in the area, and was genuinely interested to hear about our day when we got back from our adventures each night. She even set aside time at breakfast one morning to watch our parasailing video when she had other guests' meals to attend to. She is an INCREDIBLE hostess - it's so evident that she is doing what she loves. Unbelievably, she is an even more incredible chef. I've never been that satisfied after a breakfast... My husband and I ate so much more (and so much better) than we ever thought possible on a trip. It was hard for us to leave at the end of our stay and we honestly debated adding another night just to enjoy the food one last time. As someone with fairly severe and unusual food allergies that require me to carry an epipen, Robin ran every meal and its ingredients by me to make me feel comfortable. I can't thank her enough for her kindness and compassion. We stayed in the Lavender Suite and really enjoyed the spacious balcony and the fantastic whirlpool tub. Truly, though, one of our favorite parts about the trip was the memories we made over breakfast conversation with the other couples and with Robin. I didn't think I would enjoy sharing my morning with others as a more private person, but was genuinely surprised and thankful for the camaraderie. We have no complaints and can't wait for another excuse to come back and treat ourselves to a stay at the Garden Gate! Thank you, Robin, for letting us be your guest!

Room tip: We recommend the Lavender Room - the whirlpool was a must for us!
Date of stay: August 2020