Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$79
Travelocity$79
Expedia.com$79
Hotels.com$79
Tripadvisor$79
Vio.com
All reviews fish boil paddle boards bar and grill door county small beach on site restaurant stayed for nights family vacation great place to stay volleyball pontoon summer boats
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2022

Two things: We're from Colorado - land of year around tourism from reasonable costs to 'if you've got the $$$$, we'll give you an unbelievably good time" and my group was ages 20 to 63.

Beach Harbor was very reasonably priced. The rooms were clean and more than adequate. The staff was friendly and ready to assist in making recommendations of things to do & see. From renting a jet ski, checking out paddle boards twice, and renting a pontoon boat - 100% solid!! Very impressed they required a test before renting the jet ski, very detailed instructions (person to person) in use of the pontoon. The fish boil is amazing to watch and really good to eat. I didn't eat anything but the fish boil and fried cheese curds (excellent and Colorado needs these!) but others in my group who did eat there gave the food solid 4 stars. Each person in the group found their sweet spot of fun and relaxation. Loved the dogs of the resort and those of the guests.

Will highly recommend Beach Harbor to everyone heading to the area. Noting fancy but relaxing, fun, low key, PERFECT. Can't wait to come back.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed July 3, 2022 via mobile

Not for those wanting a “nice” place to stay.
While the Beach Harbor “resort” is family friendly, close to the water, rents fishing boats and has an impressive Fish-Boil I don’t know I’d recommend it. First let me say the staff is very friendly and helpful.
We rented the Studio Cabin. Small, cute and clean. Night one we tried to watch Netflix, which is available, at least there was a remote control for it. We couldn’t get it to load and called the front desk (via our cell phone as there’s no land line) The woman said she’d send someone to check it out. 45 minutes later I walked over to the desk and was told “sorry but the WiFi doesn’t work that well there”. Our internet was spotty…at best!
The cabin was came with a small kitchen, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink. Everything is there including plates, utensils, dish soap and a coffee maker.
Before bed I programmed the coffee maker to turn on early. Getting up to use the bathroom late at night I found the floor was soaked. Apparently the coffee maker was busted and leaked all the water onto the floor.
I don’t want to be mean but this place is a 2 at best out of 4.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2021

The room was very clean. Not a 5 star hotel but you are not paying for it either. The staff was amazing and friendly. Stayed for 3 nights in October. The bar and grill was a lot of fun. Very relaxed place to go. Kind of out of the way but worth it. If you don't care about the finest room or the finest food this place will suit you and your family just fine. Would love to go in the summer. Right on the water with plenty to do. If you go have fun. I know you will.

Room tip: Rooms are all good
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed August 2, 2021

Our second visit with friends and young adult offspring, already planning for next year. If you are looking for mints on your pillow and some nitwit with a towel over his arm bringing you a $6 cup of coffee, this ain't your place. The locals love the resort, which is the kind of crowd we look for. Very reasonably priced for all they offer, great location. Nice little beach, free kayak and paddle board usage. My daughters dragged me into a volleyball game. You can also walk right into a beautiful state park 20 yards down the road. Sturgeon Bay has a great collection of pubs and restaurants 2 miles down the road. Don't miss the Maritime museum on a rainy day. We spent most of our 3 night stay hanging out at the resort. Plenty of lounging furniture, you'll be making new friends, we dragged a couple into our card game that evening. And, no, not a blasted mask in sight. And Waterfront Mary's is exactly what a resort bar and grill should be. Our food was very good, burgers were great, seafood chowder was excellent. They do a great fish boil too. As for the rooms, don't expect the Hilton and you will not be disappointed. Bathrooms have been remodeled, rooms are perhaps a bit tired, but clean and beds were firm but suited me fine. And why are you in the room anyway? Plenty of space to spread out for the nightly card game in the bar or outside under one the big canopies. And jetski and pontoon boat rental right on the property. We rented the pontoon from their downtown location, only regret was we had it for 2 hours and not 4. Nice trip down the canal to Lake Michigan with a big beach right outside the breakwater. Will pack lunch and drop anchor there next time. And the staff is FABULOUS! Friendly, accommodating, and will do their best to meet your requests. LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Alredytaken
Reviewed July 17, 2021

Short trip to Door County and stayed here. 4 stars because they are dog friendly--we have 2 large dogs. Dogs can go anywhere.
Rooms were clean. There is a note about cleaning--we didn't need it
Quiet--people seemed to be settled in by 11 or were very quiet.
If Internet isn't working call desk.

Reason for 3 starts: o
ff leash dogs are allowed which is never a good idea-IMO.
Restaurant is expensive and not very good food
A/C loud!
Forget about eating after 9 pm except McDonalds (11pm), Taco Bell (10 pm) or trying to find a bar that still serves food. I'm thinking some hours are d/t COVID but not sure. No idea if anyone delivers because many were closed.
One bed was harder the other softer
PLASTIC cups. straws. etc---they need to promote green practice and protecting their livelihood--fresh, clean water!

I would stay again but plan differently. Since the resort has a restaurant I don't think they give recommendations--but I didn't ask.

Room tip: Standard rooms are small, recommend asking for Deluxe double or king
Date of stay: July 2021