Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dan B
Naperville, Illinois

Great spot to explore Door County

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 1, 2024
Great location in Sturgeon Bay at the gateway to Door County. Rooms were large, patios were great (yes patios - we had 2 which was nice so we could choose to enjoy or avoid the sun depending on time of day). Walking to much of what Sturgeon Bay has to offer.
Date of stay: May 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with RCI
₱10,796
    ₱22,183
    ₱22,190
5.3 km from Bridgeport Waterfront Resort
View more hotels in Sturgeon Bay
All reviews door county maritime museum bedroom suite indoor pool view of the bay another couple bridport fireplace dishwasher winter
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2024

I thought it would be a special treat to take my son and a couple of his friends to Bridgeport Resort to enjoy the water park. Upon our arrival, I was rudely greeted at the front desk. After giving my name for the reservations, the first thing she stated was, “I know you requested rooms 325 and 323. However, with you having a larger party with children, I’m going to give you the option to move to a first-floor room to avoid disrupting any other guests. If your children are too loud, we will KICK YOU OFF the property.”

I was absolutely appalled and taken aback by this first interaction. My children hadn’t even stepped foot into the resort at this point and she was already threatening to throw us out based on her assumption that they would be loud and disruptive. After I took a few seconds to process what had just been said to me, I opted to take the first-floor rooms that she had offered. From her tone, it seemed like if we did not comply and stayed in our original rooms, she would have been looking for reasons to remove us.

In regards to the water park, we had gotten 10 wristbands with our stay. Which is great, but when I asked to purchase additional bands, that was not allowed. We would have to purchase another room in order to get more bands.

This incident has stuck with our entire family, and we will no longer be a patron of this resort.

Room tip: If your looking to treat your children to a little fun, finds a different hotel. You and your family will feel like an unwelcome burden.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2022

Just stayed at Bridgeport Resort this past weekend. Definitely not a resort, borderline hotel. They do have an indoor pool, no breakfast. They do offer coffee makers in the rooms and free coffee, no coffee cups in the rooms. We had to request "extra" coffee cups and towels (the room had 1 set of towels) via a laundry basket set in the hallway and waited over 12 hours. Never did receive the requested coffee cups. The bathtub was very dirty. No cups or glasses in the bathroom. The room was very tiny .

Room tip: Bring your own towels, coffee cups, bathroom cups, bathroom tub cleaner.
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jo F
Reviewed August 16, 2022

We are very familiar with the area (I grew up in Sturgeon Bay) but now we live elsewhere and enjoy visiting, and we know this place is always going to be fine. We've stayed a few times as a couple in the winter, and this was our first time as a family during high season, and it's still excellent.
The 1 bedroom suite was very large. Fireplaces are a very nice touch to every room, as is the patio with table and chairs. Kitchen was nice. Loved that it had a dishwasher. The king bed was comfortable and we had an amazing sleep because of the blackout blinds in the bedroom.
Note: Although the rooms themselves don't have washers/dryers, I was surprised at how many little laundry rooms we passed. They even give you a little basket to use in your room.
We love that this place is on the bay with a nice walkway and great view of the old bridge. Easily walkable to Sonny's and the Bridge Up tasting room, Blu Front Cafe, and the Maritime Museum, without being in the prime tourist area (aka - traffic area). We enjoy it every time!

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank dreamspeaker
Reviewed August 6, 2022

Our room was clean, but carpet was stained which made it feel unclean and the shower had seen better days. Nicer bedding and more towels as well as some disposable drinking cups/coffee cups are needed for a more comfortable stay.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank marybW503TU
Reviewed July 26, 2022

I recently stayed 4 nights at the Bridgeport Resort in Sturgeon Bay during my Door County vacation, on a Saturday-Tuesday night (checked out Wednesday AM). This was a return trip for me, as I had stayed here back in about 2016 on a past trip to Door County. I still thought the resort was nice, but it seemed a bit dated and like not much has been updated since my last stay. I arrived shortly after 4:30 on Saturday to check-in after a long day visiting Washington Island and then a few other places on the way back to Sturgeon Bay. This was a nice home-base location for exploring more parks and other attractions in Door County over the 4 days I stayed, and it was fairly close to things on both the Green Bay (Highway 42) side and Lake Michigan (Highway 57) side. The front desk clerk was friendly, and my check-in process was quick, especially with having taken the time to complete a pre-check-in questionnaire that was emailed to me about a week before staying. I was on the 3rd (top) floor this time, and it was a well-appointed and clean room. I thought I would have a balcony and view of the bay, but I must have booked a different style room this time, as I was actually on the back side without a balcony. I did still have a partial view of the bay, however, from the "kitchen table" near the window. I really enjoyed the private Jacuzzi and fireplace in the room, and the king bed was super comfortable. The rate was close to $200/night after tax and everything, and I found that to be reasonable for the present time. The room was not serviced at all during my stay, but I liked their system of putting out a basket each day and marking on a list what was needed for the room (i.e. towels, shampoo, etc.). Each night when I returned, the basket would be stocked with the requested items. I was out for most of the day each day, but this was always a nice place to return to at night, and I enjoyed relaxing in the Jacuzzi after busy days hiking, etc. Breakfast is not offered here at all (not uncommon for Door County), but I either went out somewhere (lots to choose from in Sturgeon Bay and Door County), or else I just had items from the grocery store in the room. I loved the Door County Coffee that was provided for each day (they give you one packet per day, which was more than enough for me!). The small kitchen area was great, and I liked having real mugs, glasses, and wineglasses! I was only able to get to the indoor pool and hot tub one time on Monday night, and this was clean and enjoyable--and not too crowded with other guests. I had intended to use it more on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but an unfortunate flat tire incident nixed those plans:(. I had to checkout a bit earlier than I had hoped on Wednesday so that I could get the flat tire taken care of, but this isn't the hotel's fault! I did feel that the lighting in the 3rd floor hallway was somewhat dark in places, and it was quite a hike to my room, being further down to the one side. The room was very nice, though, so it was worth it! At times, it felt like my AC wasn't working the greatest in the room, as I would feel warm, and the hallway would seem considerably cooler--maybe I just didn't have it set low enough. I usually needed to park in the lot across the street, as I could rarely find a spot in the main parking lot, but that was fine, and I still felt secure. I had a great stay at Bridgeport again, and I am looking forward to my next visit to Door County eventually! I would return and recommend.

Date of stay: July 2022