Hotels.com
Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
All reviews door county full kitchen wonderful room dining table second bedroom checking in water view lake michigan cottage grill jacuzzi suite fireplace bay sunset winter couch
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2021

Door County in the winter isn't for everyone but if you are the hearty cold weather type, it is a fine place to visit. Snug Harbor Inn is our favorite place to stay around Christmas. We have no family in Wisconsin, where we live, so we like a short getaway around the holiday. Snug Harbor offers modest accommodations, with kitchens, allowing us to cook some meals in our room or cottage. Plus, there are nearby restaurants open. And, the motel Is dog-friendly! It's also on the ship channel between Lake Michigan and Green Bay, providing a water view. What's not to like?!

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed November 17, 2021

This is a hidden gem and I was reluctant to write my review because I want to keep this place a secret! We live in Milwaukee and love to go to Door County at least two times a year. We have stayed at several places and this is our favorite place for so many reasons! So many positives...where to start?! The price is affordable. They allow dogs! There are not alot of places that do up there so that is so important as our dog is our child! We have stayed in room 201 and 204 and both are very similar setups. I loved the decor and the fact that there is a full kitchen so we could cook meals. I love the balconies and THE VIEWS are spectacular! I am like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to pillows and bedding and it is so comfy! The jacuzzi tubs are soooo lovely. The additional bedroom and balcony are great although I love how romantic the place is that I haven't brought the kids yet but it would be perfect for families as well. I love the fireplace! I love the notebooks and reading what past guests had to say. The staff was great as well, recommending yummy restaurants (one that turned into my fav place to eat in Sturgeon Bay). They have fire pits and out side seating by the water and even provide the wood. I called up to the front desk to asked about the fires and when I went down, the hostess had left me newspapers, matches and sticks to roast marshmallows on! They have grills available! I cannot say enough good things about this place, it is just wonderful!

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed October 22, 2021

Loved our weekend at Snug Harbor Inn! The staff were incredibly friendly, checking in and out was a breeze. Location is absolutely beautiful, the river is so pretty especially in the fall. The unit was cozy and spacious, amazing value. We stayed in the deluxe cabin and the jacuzzi was a nice touch! Appliances are very dated, so if you're a stickler for that type of thing you won't like it, but otherwise its unbeatable.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed October 22, 2021

had a wonderful room on the first floor. great view of Sturgeon Bay right outside our window. There is a pier there and grills to grill your food. Had a wonderful visit. Highway 57 is off to your left and is a draw bridge. Interesting to watch vessels sail under the bridge. Great sunsets since our room faced west. Will be back.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed August 2, 2021 via mobile

Check in process was good however they informed us that the dish washer was broken. They had hoped to get it replaced before we arrived but that never happened, nor was it fixed during the 6 days we were there. Very disappointed that it wasn’t a main concern of theirs. Never heard any updates from them the entire week. Wifi is iffy. Didn’t work half the time and my daughter had to take an online class test. Nothing on their website mentioned anything about spotty Wifi, in fact it says, “High Speed Internet (WiFi).” When I told the woman at the office her response was, “Welcome to Door County!! It works fine here in the office for us, nothing I can do about it.” I then asked where would be good for dinner, and she said, “Downtown is one mile that way. Park on the street and walk to wherever. “ Great, thanks for the dinner tip!
We stayed in Suite 204 in the motel. It was pretty clean but our suite did not have a dining table and that was disappointing. I called to make reservations and I really didn’t think to ask since most rooms have them. It had a snack bar with 2 chairs and a balcony with a very small table and two chairs but no where for 4 adults to sit an eat except for the couch/chairs. We like to play board games late at night so that didn’t happen this trip.
Beds were not comfortable especially the upstairs one. Both people rolled to the middle of the full size bed. Pillows need an upgrade. The upstairs is very hot. There is a ceiling fan but no air conditioning vents. The first couple of nights were very hot and we had to purchase a fan just to get some cool air up there. Luckily, it did cool down a couple evenings and we could have the window open. But stuffy again when it stormed one night.
They only have 8 parking spaces for the motel which you think would be enough since they only have 8 rooms but rooms with more than one car used the parking area so the rest of us had to park on the street. Not fun when we had to check out in the rain. They should only allow one car per room in the parking lot and the rest should park on the road.
The inn is right on the water with a very nice area to sit out back and watch the boats and the draw bridges. Good location to any thing Sturgeon Bay, but not within walking distance.

Room tip: Pack light since entrance to Suites are on the 2nd floor and heavy suitcases on the outside stairs is tricky.
Date of stay: July 2021