Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Trisha Z

Great 3 star suites for dogs

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 27, 2024
We stayed in a dog friendly suites and loved how much room there was and that we had a patio door that opened out into the green area. The room was exactly what you would expect for a 3 star lodge but perfect for pets. The employees were all wonderful, kind, and very friendly but we wouldn’t eat at the lodge again. We skipped the breakfast also and opted to go out in town. We would stay here again.
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: We would go back to the bar for a drink but we wouldn’t order food.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    ₱10,687
    ₱11,882
3.8 km from The Lodge at Leathem Smith
View more hotels in Sturgeon Bay
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2023

We booked a room in Fisherman Village. Originally we booked 3 people but at check in told them we had 4. Our confirmation letter stated it would be 20 extra dollars for the additional person. We were charged 25. We sent our original confirmation letter to dispute the incorrect charge. The management ignored our emails. Then lied and changed out our original confirmation letter to support their price increase. This is a dishonest business. I would not recommend staying here. In addition, I’m confident there is mold growing daily in the rooms in this section. Entire and stay at your own risk

Date of stay: September 2023
1  Thank J8626ADstevep
Reviewed September 14, 2023

The most filthy place I have ever stayed . We would of left but knew the entire town of Sturgeon Bay was booked so we stayed even after seeing all the bugs smashed on the wall and never cleaned up. The morning was the worse when we discovered the moldy shower curtain , bathroom floor was filthy under the shower curtain. Im not sure when the last time anyone cleaned that room

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank J1466RFcharlesc
Reviewed August 22, 2023

This hotel is in a great location, has a fun bar and happy hour. It also, is very old, smelly and needs a complete remodel. The pool is cracking, the rooms were not clean, the service in the restaurant was bad.
The beds were comfortable. This could be a beautiful spot if they refurbished everything.

Date of stay: August 2023
1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed August 10, 2023

I was extremely unhappy with the quality of our room during our stay August 1-3, 2023. For the price, I was very disappointed that there was no elevator, the the building were in was very dated and dark. There were two table lamps, but no overhead lighting. The carpet was filthy - dozens of stains that grossed me out to not wear shoes. The shower was so dirty that none of us was willing to shower while there. There was mold on the shower curtain and liner. The rooms were far more expensive than what fit the quality of the room. We were given a coupon for a free appetizer but when I looked at the bill, they took half off the appetizer. The prime rib sandwich was cold and tasted like tough cheap Chuck roast. The drinks were very expensive and mostly mix. Worst of all, even though I indicated I needed a room for pets, I was told the night before check out that they were charging $250 extra. My dog was a 5 pound Yorkie and wore diapers. He never made a mess and didn’t bark. I saw many other pets in the same building so the extra charge was the last straw. My advice - don’t go to this hotel. The photos on the website have to be 10 years old.

Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed July 12, 2023

My complaint about a dirty room resulted in the owner calling me and threatening to “fuc*ing bury me” if I dared to post anything negative. So let it be known I am not feeling suicidal if anything happens to me after I post this review.

My wife, 3 year old daughter, 4 month son and dog stayed for a family reunion. Our first room was so dirty it smelled like a pack of wet dogs and if you walked barefoot on the floor your feet turned black. We checked in early and hoped the smell would go away. By the time we closed the windows and put the kids to bed the smell was not gone. So I went to the desk to inform them of the issue. They offered solutions that included moving my family in the middle of the night and finally settled on a can of Lysol spray and a candle as the only solution until the next day when a new room was ready. They moved us to a new room in the morning.

When I checked out I simply asked if they would be willing to offer any discount on the first night. The GM, who had given me the Lysol, said no because we should have requested a new room sooner so it was our fault, not theirs. I then asked to speak to the owner and they gave me a card. The card had a number that called the front desk, not the owner. The staff was clearly trying to avoid me speaking to the owner. I told the front desk that I would expect a call from the owner as soon as possible or I would contact local business networks and the authorities.

A few days later the owner called me back and proceeded to scream at me for 20 min with a profanity laced tirade that was not grounded in fact.

All I wanted was some acknowledgment that my room was not up to standards, I didn’t demand a refund or anything of the sort.

Instead I got screamed at with profanity.

If you go here and things are not up to par then beware the standard is the customer is wrong and they want you to deal with it based on their arbitrary timeline or you will end up getting yelled at and threatened with violence.

Date of stay: July 2023