Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$113
View deal
Priceline$119
Agoda.com$113
Tripadvisor$113
Algotels
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2022 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay as it was our anniversary and was looking for somewhere in Sturgeon bay. What surprised me the most was that the Leathem Smith Lodge had availability from booking my stay one week before. Thank goodness since everything is always booked up during the months of July and August. The lodge also provided a breakfast for us in the morning which we loved alot. The tiki bar outside on grounds was great and also had music on certain nights that added to our enjoyment. The second night we took in a meal while sitting outside by the water and boat dock. The evening was absolutely beautiful as our waitress served us by the setting sun as we watched the boats go sailing by. Our room was wonderful and the bed was comfortable. They stopped by to check to see if we needed more clean towels or anything in general. Everyone made sure our stay was great!!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2022

Luckily we only had to stay one night. We arrived at 2:30 pm and were told we had to wait until 3:00 to check in, so we waited at the Tiki Bar out front, which was great. At 3:00,everyone who was staying in the hotel was waiting in line to check in, so it took until almost 4:00 for us to check into our room. There was only 1 person doing check in for the long line of people. We were lucky, our room was ready, there were a lot of people who were still waiting for their room to be cleaned. When we got to our room, it was dingy. The bathroom didn't look clean at all, the tub floor was grimy and discolored, there was hair in the corners and black mold in the grout lines. My husband tried to take a shower, but there was absolutely no lever or pull to get the shower head going. We looked and checked everything for 15 minutes. We were on the ground floor, so we had a sliding patio door. There were cheap curtains that were pretty see through, no blackout type curtains, so you could see the headlights of every car that went in the parking lot. The beds were comfortable, and at least the sheets looked/felt clean. The breakfast the next morning was also disappointing. The coffee was served out of tiny Styrofoam cups and the coffee tasted burnt. The omelet bar was there, but there was no one to make it, and I was certainly not going to cook one myself. I wouldn't recommend this stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2022

For the price, I had high expectations, but this was terrible. The patio was narrow with mismatched dirty, spider-webbed plastic chairs. The curtain hardware fell several times as I tried to adjust the curtains. The towels were old and scratchy. The room was very basic - on the level of a motel 6 or less - but apparently clean, however, I was forced to wear shoes because I didn't like the feel of the carpet. The "free" breakfast wasn't worth the price. Breakfast was supposed to be served until 10:00, but they ran out of food and coffee around 9:30 and didn't restock. Overall, this is an old hotel that is past its prime. There is a restaurant, but it didn't open for the three nights of my stay. On a positive note, the hotel is about a mile from the downtown area where there are tap rooms, restaurants, and shopping.

Room tip: DO NOT stay in the "fishing village" aka "Waterfront".
Reviewed July 4, 2022

I can’t believe the horrible reviews this place has. We were definitely nervous staying here. It was one of only 2 places with a room on July 3, so I booked with very low expectations. It ended up being great! We had room 206…one bedroom, kitchenette, living room, 2-sided fireplace in bedroom and living room. HUGE 2 person jacuzzi and big bathroom. It was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. There was an outdoor seating area with an outdoor bar. Drinks were really good! The free breakfast is terrific…made to order omelets! The desk attendant was super sweet when we checked in. The ONLY things I can knock them for…the older outdoor bartenders could be hags (we saw them being rude to a couple of customers and they definitely were not pleasant people to have behind a bar) and they just seemed like they did not want to be there. And, the coffee cups at breakfast are those super small styrofoam cups that hold like 2/3 cup of coffee and don’t have lids. Those cups suck. Overall, great stay and we’d definitely pick this place again. (Oh…but if it matters to you, the pool is CLOSED and doesn’t look like it will reopen anytime soon. Bummer because it’s huge!)

Room tip: Room 206 was very spacious!
Reviewed June 22, 2022

We paid a lot of money for our room for 2 nights. It was only ok. The blinds were see through and didn't do much. The 2nd night, the room above us started their jacuzzi at 3:00 A.M.!! The receptionist in the morning only wanted to comp us a gift certificate to a restaurant, but we live out of state and had to go home. They didn't really care. All we got was a, "Sorry." The fresh made omelets in the morning were the only good thing.

Date of stay: June 2022