See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

They are horrible people the managers Shawn seems a little slow no matter how much money we have him he still kicked us out cuz his dumbness overbooked it (will be following up on that) bathroom is worse than jail cell IM NOT JOKING it’s horrible and btw u have to do ur own house keeping yeah!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Two years ago I wrote a review for this motel, but I need to update it. We were up in June for a relatives funeral. We reserved a room ahead of time, and when we checked in the manager said she had up graded us to a "suite". Well, it was far from that. It was a room that had a small refrigerator and a microwave in one room, and a futon, the other room had a queen sized bed. Well, the room was dirty, the phone didn't work, the toilet ran all night, and the door did not lock. We called the office, but got a recording. We had to leave early in the morning, so the office was not open. I once again called the number, and no one answered. We decided we could not stay another night with all the problems. I left another message and asked the manager to call me. She never did. When we were charged for 2 nights. I called again, and she informed me that she had gotten numerous calls during the night because of all the noise we made. We had driven 6 hers, attended a wake and went to bed. I am almost 70 and my daughter is in her 40's. No noise in our room. When I tried to talk to her, she hung up on me. When I called back, she did not answer the phone, and it went to voicemail. The bottom line, I will never stay there again. Management can make a big difference, so this is to tell you to be aware. This motel is not what it used to be.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Booked the Pullman for a one week stay in Rice Lake. Who the devil goes to Rice Lake in winter???
We try to stay in small mom and pops when traveling in order to keep money local vs going to a Corporate office in Delaware or where ever.
The Pullman offered a weekly rate nearly $175 less than the Breakfast included chains. That's about $25 less per night and no breakfast buffet at a Microtel type place is worth $25 per day per person, dbl occupancy. Right across the street from the Pullman is Nancys Northside Cafe...open early..they keep your coffee cup full and two can easily have a cooked to order breakfast served on real plates for $10 or $12
The Pullman rooms are small. The showers are really tiny. Beware big guys!
In a double double you'll find just over a foot between the beds. And if your room has a recliner your feet will nearly touch the refrigerator that nearly prevents the door from opening. But, rooms are clean and if you ask for towels or coffee they are cheerfully given. Office is open only from 2 until 9 pm. Weekly rates do not include daily room service
On the bright side...great cable tv with 32" flat screen tv, fast wifi ( some blips with connectivity ) mini fridge and microwave.
So, we got what we paid for..clean room with tv and wifi. And unlike the Breakfast Buffet places I didn't have to deal with unruly kids or seeing folks coming down in their flannel jammy bottoms and T shirts or sweatshirts. No one should be subjected to seeing folks in public dining areas dressed like that

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank OREAZ
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here numerous times and was surprised to find the room not quite as nice as in the past. Yes, it is clean but I forgot how teeny, tiny the shower is. It is impossible to dry off inside or bend over and pick up the soap! What caught my attention was the scuffed up walls and cracked lampshades.

Nothing major was wrong and I will continue to stay when I pass through in my travels. I was told that not all rooms are posted on Expedia, etc. and you might want to call instead. I have stayed in a room with one bed and suspect that are nicer than the rooms with doubles. Next time I most likely will request the room with the kitchen as it is very nice and roomy.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I visited this motel 3 years ago and described it as a quaint mom and pop place that was clean and easy on the pocketbook for a nights stay. Unfortunately ii needs some sprucing up. Still pretty cheap for a night's lodging but carpeting and bedspreads need replaced.

Date of stay: September 2016