“Delicious Walleye”

The Maiden Lake Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Mountain
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 September 2015

We have been dining at Maiden Lake Resort for years. The lightly hand breaded walleye and the tenderloin steaks are both amazing. Summer wait times are usually 2 hours, but you can enjoy the beautiful view of the lake from out back! Tiki hut on deck that houses bar. You must go here while in Lakewood. Quality food and service.

1  Thank lunzy11

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Get to this place early and enjoy a drink out on the deck. There is a little bar outside and the waitress comes out to you to see when your ready to order. Had the steak-walleye combo, and it was very good. The only negative thing I can say about this place is that it is a little expensive.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

We ate on a Tuesday evening. Beautiful night to enjoy a cocktail on the patio before having delicious walleye with a unique breaking. The relish tray before the meal is a nice touch.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We love to sit outside and a a drink while overlooking the lake. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. The food is especially delicious. A very friendly place

Reviewed 12 August 2015

First off, my husband and I have been here many times before and this is one of my favorite locations for a special occasion dinner so I really wanted to rate this above average as I have in the past, but could rate it only as average on this visit.

Ambience:
In the summer when the outside deck is open, which has a bar and a beautiful view of Maiden Lake, there is usually a line of people waiting outside for the doors to open at 4:30. We arrived at 4:35 and went out to the deck which had just 4 tables still open on the three tiered deck. By 4:45, all the deck tables were full and people were starting to sit on the long benches lining the deck perimeter. We were one of the last parties to have a table for the "first seating." There is a small bar where you can wait for a table inside if you don't want to go outside on the deck. The dining room has views of the lake. If we arrive too late for the first seating, we don't mind because it is pleasant to sit on the deck with a drink and some appetizers.

Waitstaff:
Our waitresses were very nice and we didn't have to wait long for our dinner order to be taken.

Food:
This is why this visit earned only an average rating. I usually order the hand breaded pan fried walleye which is fantastic, but decided on surf and turf instead to celebrate my birthday. French onion soup is watery and tasteless. Avoid it at this restaurant. The lobster was a large tail and was cooked perfectly. The tenderloin was cooked to the correct temperature (medium) but was so tough it was difficult to cut with a large steak knife and I had to chew a small bite many times before swallowing it to avoid having it stuck in my throat. I finally sliced it very thinly, which took a while, then doused it in the melted butter leftover from my lobster tail to give it some moisture, and used it in a stir fry at home the following day. I couldn't eat my steak, so my husband shared some of his hand breaded walleye which was very good. I guess I should have stuck with my usual order and ordered the walleye instead of surf and turf.