“Yummy and Delicious”
Review of Oakland Gyros

Oakland Gyros
Ranked #51 of 1,593 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Three of us stopped at Oakland gyros and enjoyed a late lunch. It was delicious, fresh, and very filling. I recommend that you get over to Oakland gyros right now. How come you’re still reading this? Friendly staff, good food, and had a pleasant atmosphere. Come on, get over there. Now!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Great Gyros, but also great moussaka and roasted chicken. Everything is good here! My go to is a gyro sandwich and a bowl of avgolemono soup! Can’t beat it!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We have been here a couple of times. The food is always good and the staff is helpful. The decor is a bit dated and could use a refresh but you aren't coming here for the ambiance. The gyros are fine...some of the best in Milwaukee...but you are coming here for the Spinach pie. This is a must have (unless you hate spinach). It is the best thing on the menu hands down. Parking is a real challenge so don't be afraid to walk a couple of blocks to get here. It is worth the trip

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My wife and I stopped here on the way home to get gyros. We started going to the original Oakland Gyros on the east side some 20 years ago when it first opened and have been to this location several times while in Milwaukee for different events.

The restaurant is very clean and we saw several employees cleaning when we walked in which is always reassuring. We were greeted immediately by a girl cleaning the glass entry door who stopped to take our order at the counter.

We ordered gyros and drinks which were quickly served up fresh and hot. The gyros here are always fresh and tasty. They consist of flavorful gyro meat, onions, and tomato slices piled high on a soft pita bread.

The only negative about the whole experience was the tzatziki sauce. It tastes good but is rather thin compared to others I've had or make myself. On the other hand, they do give you a full squeeze bottle of the stuff so it balances out.

At $5.99 each, their gyros are a good value and a long time favorite of mine that are served up in clean and friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Steve0322
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We ate here on a Friday evening. Service was fast and the food was very good. I had a fish platter with cod and a Greek salad and my husband had the Gyro platter which was generous enough portions to feed 2 people. This is definitely a place you will want to eat if in the Milwaukee airport area.