“Great fun with a group”

The Murder Mystery Company in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Reviewed 19 September 2014

The location and the team of actors has changed from the original reviews so if you haven't been lately, you should try it again. I went with a Groupon and thought the food was good and the comedy fun. There are only a few paid actors and it is what you make it. If you try to get to know your table mates and enjoy the clues given to you, it can be an entertaining evening. They provide a few props. You are encouraged to come in themed costume. When you arrive, they take your mug shot, as you don't know who commits the murder...it could be you.

1  Thank alibarbaraMilwaukee

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The place where they held their event - Serbian Hall was filthy, the food was worse and the acting in the show was such low class I can't believe they can stay in business. I would consider this one of the worst places / events I have ever been!

9  Thank Notmy R
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Me and a friend came across a groupon for a murder mystery dinner for two. The price was reduced to 58$ from 120$. At that price we thought hey this might be fun.

When we first arrived there was no sign telling us where to go in the Serb hall and we spent about 5 min finding the room . At the door tickets weren't even asked for so basically you could just walk in .

The actors were poorly dressed and were somewhat annoying . They sat us at a table with people our age at least 22-28.

There were only 4 actual "actors " they improvised and harvested around 8 people from the audience . They had close to no idea as to what was going on .

There is no real service here . No one asked you for a drink order or anything you had to get up walk to a bar and pay for your beverage . Even soda wasn't included . When it's time to eat you have to walk over to what was worse then cafeteria food probably close to what inmates eat . There is a kind of "lunch lady " at the end of the line that had two big serving spoons that would say "chicken or beef stew " she slopped it on your plate all over the food you had . Also the plates were paper .. The food was naturally awful ...

There was no actual story and I feel that with as much as 20 minutes of planning I could have made a better show .

You could not get me out of there sooner . Do not go . It's not worth your time . I left feeling like I wasted two hours of my life I can never get back . Take my advice . I wouldn't go again even if it were free ...

6  Thank Skylarrenee
Reviewed 1 July 2013

They clearly cheated us. It was advertised as a three course dinner and was really a buffet.

We contacted them in advance as we are vegetarian by religion and they wrote us that they will have vegetarian options. They did not.

Everything this place advertised and told us was false.

5  Thank Alvin K