“You don't get what you pay for .”

The Murder Mystery Company in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Me and a friend came across a groupon for a murder mystery dinner for two. The price was reduced to 58$ from 120$. At that price we thought hey this might be fun.

When we first arrived there was no sign telling us where to go in the Serb hall and we spent about 5 min finding the room . At the door tickets weren't even asked for so basically you could just walk in .

The actors were poorly dressed and were somewhat annoying . They sat us at a table with people our age at least 22-28.

There were only 4 actual "actors " they improvised and harvested around 8 people from the audience . They had close to no idea as to what was going on .

There is no real service here . No one asked you for a drink order or anything you had to get up walk to a bar and pay for your beverage . Even soda wasn't included . When it's time to eat you have to walk over to what was worse then cafeteria food probably close to what inmates eat . There is a kind of "lunch lady " at the end of the line that had two big serving spoons that would say "chicken or beef stew " she slopped it on your plate all over the food you had . Also the plates were paper .. The food was naturally awful ...

There was no actual story and I feel that with as much as 20 minutes of planning I could have made a better show .

You could not get me out of there sooner . Do not go . It's not worth your time . I left feeling like I wasted two hours of my life I can never get back . Take my advice . I wouldn't go again even if it were free ...

6  Thank Skylarrenee

Reviewed 1 July 2013

They clearly cheated us. It was advertised as a three course dinner and was really a buffet.

We contacted them in advance as we are vegetarian by religion and they wrote us that they will have vegetarian options. They did not.

Everything this place advertised and told us was false.

5  Thank Alvin K
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The actors a the murder Mystery dinner show at Serb Hall tried to make the show fun, but it was really not worth the time or money depended. The dinner was absolutely terrible! Chicken was dry, crappy salad, canned corn, and cake that was a waste of calories. I was there after having purchased a groupon, but even at half price, I feel ripped off!

1  Thank LuannL_13
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We took our mom here for the first time, and it was so much fun. The actors were great at improvising when the audience participants didnt know what to do, and they really helped everyone feel involved. While the venue at Serb Hall may not be "fancy" the food was good. There was even one person at our table that didnt eat from buffets so they ordered a separate meal ahead of time. I would gladly go to this show again, it was fun, made me laugh, and was well written and acted. Good event for a group of friends!!